halifaxchristian

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, so tell me what axactly does it take to have eternal salvation? How can I be 100% sure that I will be spending my eternity with our heavenly Father?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Repent of you sins, acknowledge your need for a Saviour...and let Jesus wash you with His blood. Rest from your own works. Let Him work in you. Grow in grace, faith, and knowledge. Die, or be raptured, and meet Jesus in heaven and say thankyou.

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved...that is not a maybe!!! :thumbsup:

God bless.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because of Jesus sis.  But keep working out your salvation through your faith in Christ.  That's what I'm gonna keep on doing. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work out my salvation everyday (at least I should)...that does not mean I keep it, give it, or lose it. I work it out. I examine myself whether I be in the faith. I search the Scriptures. I pray. I read the Word and adjust my thought processes and patterns and carnal ways.

God bless.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I work out my salvation everyday (at least I should)...that does not mean I keep it, give it, or lose it. I work it out. I examine myself whether I be in the faith. I search the Scriptures. I pray. I read the Word and adjust my thought processes and patterns and carnal ways.

God bless.

If you don't do the things that you previously mentions such as reading the word and praying and just do what you want and say you believe in Jesus....Is salvation still not lost? You're probably gonna ask "why would i do that?" To which I will answer, " I dunno :thumbsup: )

God bless.

If you don't do the things that you previously mentions such as reading the word and praying and just do what you want and say you believe in Jesus....Is salvation still not lost? You're probably gonna ask "why would i do that?" To which I will answer, " I dunno :thumbsup: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have screwed up more than any other Christian in the history of the world. I claim this title (not in pride, but humility) for myself. However...despite my faithfulness and/or unfaithfulness...I believe in Jesus' faithfulness first and foremost. He was faithful to seal me on that day of redemption and I believe that He is able to succour that which I have trusted unto Him. I believe in truly once saved...ALWAYS SAVED. No questions.

God bless.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I don't see how that answers my questions but I see where you're coming from bro. Does the fact that sins bears more fruit in ones life than the righteousness of God make him less qualified of a candidate for heaven? NO. But my friend if you keep holding on to those things and thinking that God is gonna be merciful to someone who isn't claiming the power to overcome, then you got something coming bro. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Okay, so tell me what axactly does it take to have eternal salvation? How can I be 100% sure that I will be spending my eternity with our heavenly Father?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By trusting in His grace, knowing that He paid for your sins in full. By resting in the peace of knowing that what He began, He will finish. One of the problems with not believing in salvation security is that there is never assurance, because you can never be sure you're in right standing with God. According to Scripture, He is the Author and He is the Perfecter (Finisher), He began it and He is faithul to complete it in you. The responsibility is on Him, not us.

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."~ 1 John 5:13

"Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee." ~ 2Cr 1:21-22

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." ~ Hebrews 12:1-2

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." ~ Phil. 1:6

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Phil. 4:6-7

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Super Jew,

Okay, I've read through some of your previous posts. I understand to a certain extent where your argument is here. Tell me something if you wish, in your opinion what does it take in order for a person to have eternal salvation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Accepting the grace that is offered to us through Jesus Christ. To be saved we must enter into the New Covenant. If we work for any part of our salvation, either to recieve it or to maintain it, then grace has nothing to do with the salvation, which means it is not salvation at all.

Instead of worrying about your salvation being assured, why not worry about repenting of your sins? Why not worry about committing your life to Christ and following His teachings throughout your life?

I guess that's what started this all in the past few hours. So in other words was what I wrote wrong? I just don't understand what to do if I was wrong by assuming those things.

Gosh, maybe I should just sit back and smoke crack instead. Since it was wrong of me to think about doing all those other things.

Saying we can lose our salvation because of sin in our lives questions the character of God and is border line heretical. It's okay to say we can lose our salvation so long as one takes the school of thought that we can give it up or renounce it (though I disagree, it is something that can be disagreed upon). Saying that the moment we willfully sin we lose our salvation, you destroy the mechanism of salvation (grace) and bring God's entire character into question. It makes Him vengful instead of just. It makes Him a liar because He promised to never leave us or forsake us. It makes Him go back on His promise ot disciplining His children, instead of disciplining us He merely abandons us. It makes God a God of works, a God who will only love us so long as we do what is pleasing to Him...which He is perfect and we are not, so how do we know if what we are doing is or isn't sin? What if listening to rock music really is a sin? Does this mean I am goin to hell because I don't recognize it?

WE should try to live holy lives, but we should realize we are secure. In essence, know you are secure in Christ and because of this security and love He has presented, live your life in love towards the One who provides this security.

You then ask what happens if a Christian commits a sexual sin or kills someone. If the person is truly a Christian one of three things will occur:

1) Christ will call them home, in essence, let them die because they are no longer a useful Christian. This is mentioned in 1 John and 1 Corinthians.

2) The person will realize their guilt via the Holy Spirit and repent of what they did and accept the earthly consequences for their actions.

3) God will hem them in and break them. He will break the person's will until they return to Him. He promised to do the same thing to Israel in Hosea so we know it is in His nature to do so.

Hope that helps.

Good post super jew... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even those of us who don't believe the TR is the only inspired work of God can get it right sometimes :laugh:

(hope you know that's meant to be a joke :P )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even those of us who don't believe the TR is the only inspired work of God can get it right sometimes :laugh:

(hope you know that's meant to be a joke :P )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well...I guess you guys are not ALL of the devil... :P (kidding...honestly!!!)

God bless.

Edited by halifaxchristian