Ovedya

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Mr. yod...did you mean you bought the cd "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"? Cuz the song "Vertigo" is on there. I was wondering what you meant. Did you like the song "Yahweh"?

And too many of us are judging by outward appearance. Ya'll just keep throwing stones...

Amen.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Where are the Beatles today? Do the Stones have a new record?

I'm glad the Fabs broke up when they did. The last album (Abbey Road) they made was (in my opinion) their best and my favorite. They didn't hang around to become pathetic old guys(in depends) still trying to hold on to their former glory like the Stones. Oh well...I suppose the money is still good and Mick has alot of kids to support. Still, flabby neck rock seems abit silly.

Dan

Guest Zayit

I guess that there is a distiction that many don't see, you can be a believer but are you a follower, a disciple?

Believing in Jesus and following him are two different things.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

There's also a disctinction between following Christ, and following modern ideals of "christianity".

romans 14:9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

It is written:

" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,

'every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will confess to God.' "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another.

==========================

now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

-======================

Hey Mr. yod...did you mean you bought the cd "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"?

shows you how much I listened to it...

:emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

World's greatest rock band?

Actually the Stones are on tour right now which indicates to me that they have a record to plug. A lot of people think they are the worlds greatest rock band :emot-hug:  Individualy, they got about as much talent as the unknown comic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mick Jagger's solo album released last year in England and on the first day he sold about 900 copies. That's pathetic for a "star" of his stature.

If the Stones have a new one it isn't being promoted!

They are an example of how a unit can be greater than the sum of it's parts. I agree that they have no talent (except for Charlie Watts the drummer) as musicians...but as songwriter's I gotta hand it to Mick and Keith for keeping themselves in the game.

Lots of songwriters run out of ideas after about 30 songs total.

And who is the unknown comic? Never heard of him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

OK...I take it back. I do like 2 U2 songs. "When Love Comes to Town" and mainly because it featured B.B. King and his stellar blues riffs. Also, "With or Without You". But the rest of their stuff makes me reach for the tuner dial on my radio asap. My understanding is that everyone minus the bass player in U2 profess to be Christians. Just because the don't have a show on TBN dosen't mean they aren't Christians. I'll take them at their word. As for new groups, Cold Play has a cool sound. Simple but pleasing to the ear. John Mayor has a nice touch as well.

Dan

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Probably it would help to differentiate between a Christian band (one that has a message that is Christian) and a band that happens to be Christian (they profess Christ personally, but their Art does not contain overt references to Christianity)

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Children, play nice. :emot-hug: