• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Bono used his fame and money to help millions of people in Africa. Since Mother Theresa....who has done more for the poor?

Are those millions saved? What good is the world to a man if he loses his soul?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree...and i disagree.

The evidence of a man's gift is not in the number of souls that he saves, but in how he advances the kingdom of God. I personally do not know how many souls have been saved either through U2's music or through Bono's personal preaching of the gospel. Do you?

There is no reason to assume that because Bono personally, or U2 as a band, is helping starving children in Africa (or in some other remote part of the world) that God is not using them to advance His kingdom. What is evident, however, is that some good toward humanity is being done with the money that are making. What does the Bible say about charity?

What does the Bible say about the various gifts? Bono may not be very gifted at preaching the gospel. And perhaps his music is his way of delivering the message. But apparently he is very gifted, and has a heart for humanity. This could be the way that the Lord is using him to advance His kingdom.

Don't be fooled into believing that quantity equals quality.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Hmmmmmm.....Gerioke's posts certainly creates food for thought......

:24:

Yomo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I don't know whether or not I personally would stand up, but I hope my brethren would question if I were in a position such as Bono's. If I were claiming to be a Christian and dressing up like a demon, I think I would be understanding if some misunderstood what I was doing. This sort of scrutiny I think comes with the territory, and while there is a fine line between scrutiny and gossip, I think it can be a good thing when done in the proper spirit.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Bono used his fame and money to help millions of people in Africa. Since Mother Theresa....who has done more for the poor?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And if we measured your success as a believer by the number of people you've personally led to the Lord....what would we determine? That is not meant to be harsh, but for you to honestly reflect on it. Do you measure your own life by the same standard you are measuring others?

As Ovedya stated, success isn't measured by quantity. If it were, nearly all of us posting here would be considered misreable failures. The fact is, God is the one that draws people to Himself. The bible teaches that it's kindness that leads to repentance, and the command to love others, feed the hungry, clothe the naked and protect the widows and orphans is not conditional on whether or not they are converted in this process.

I wonder how many people here could live up to the scrutiny they are applying to Bono?

Well, from my experience, most people can't even live up to the scrutiny of having what they post be challenged.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I don't know whether or not I personally would stand up, but I hope my brethren would question if I were in a position such as Bono's.  If I were claiming to be a Christian and dressing up like a demon, I think I would be understanding if some misunderstood what I was doing.  This sort of scrutiny I think comes with the territory, and while there is a fine line between scrutiny and gossip, I think it can be a good thing when done in the proper spirit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem seems to be, people are approaching the issue with a pre-set idea. Most aren't even willing to offer him grace or the benefit of the doubt. Also, since approaching Bono personally isn't a possibility for everyone, the chances of discovering the honest truth here is slim. I don't understand why people refuse to believe what has been written about U2 by people who KNOW them personally. They choose to believe the rumors instead and perpetuate things that are probably not even true. I guess it's human nature to enjoy slandering someone and believing the worst than... blessing someone in their efforts to meet the needs of others as God commanded us to do. Go figure.

I was just reminded of Luke 6:38, "Give, and it will be given to you; a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, they will give into your bosom. For with what measure you measure, it shall be measured to you in return."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

So everyone is basically saying that Bono is a bad guy, right?

Oh.......wait.......is that his REAL name????

What is it in real life? :24:

Yomo :24::huh:

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And if we measured your success as a believer by the number of people you've personally led to the Lord....what would we determine? That is not meant to be harsh, but for you to honestly reflect on it. Do you measure your own life by the same standard you are measuring others?

As Ovedya stated, success isn't measured by quantity. If it were, nearly all of us posting here would be considered misreable failures. The fact is, God is the one that draws people to Himself. The bible teaches that it's kindness that leads to repentance, and the command to love others, feed the hungry, clothe the naked and protect the widows and orphans is not conditional on whether or not they are converted in this process.

I wonder how many people here could live up to the scrutiny they are applying to Bono?

Well, from my experience, most people can't even live up to the scrutiny of having what they post be challenged.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All that Bono does for Africa makes Bono look good, but how much value does it have in Heaven? If you use works to prove a man is "christian" I am asking what is the true worth of his works? It works both ways. :huh:

So everyone is basically saying that Bono is a bad guy, right?

Oh.......wait.......is that his REAL name????

What is it in real life? :24:

Yomo :24:  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at all. I don'tthink he's bad at all.

And, yes, I think that's his real nam.