• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I'm too lazy to search the forum to see if this topic was discussed in latter years but if so, Please direct me to it Mr./Mrs. Moderator. If not, then my question stands....What's the point if you're a christian? :huh:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you....muah(that's a kiss) lol. :huh::24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I see nothing wrong with it..... :thumbsup:

Jesus drank wine. :thumbsup:

did he drink alcohol or grape juice? Elementary my dear Watson... :thumbsup:

I don't believe Christ to be an advocate of something so destructive so my vote is grape juice. :noidea::thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

did he drink alcohol or grape juice?  Elementary my dear Watson... :thumbsup:

I don't believe Christ to be an advocate of something so destructive so my vote is grape juice. :noidea:  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is actually a theory often perpetuated by those who are adamantly (and legalistically) opposed to drinking altogether. I challenge you to find historical documentation which proves this theory, because as of yet...it has not been proven, it's still just a theory. Wine which has been fermented is considered the best, the older the better. While it's true sometimes they would mix water with wine, for important events and feasts, red wine was the required drink. In fact, according to the Talmud, Jewish feasts such as the Feast of the Tabernacle and The Passover, red wine was always used.

Touch`e madam. But if you don't believe documentation on a subjuct such as OSAS, I don't expect you to believe it on this topic either. For you said in another thread:

This is why I believe we must look to Scripture as our authority and not the views and practices of other men.

Therefore all I can do is stick to scriptures while presenting my defense. I don't want you to say

Exactly. Not only that, but there is a problem with relying on early church fathers and equating them with Scripture. They were human and fallible. We can't assume that they had everything right. In fact, they are not the most reliable source.

So I'll stick to my guns and say that Christ consumed grape juice.

Well Slap me silly and call me LEGALIST. lol :noidea::thumbsup::thumbsup::blink:

Not mocking ya sis....(not too much) just stating what I've seen as far as posting defenses.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Touch`e madam.  But if you don't believe documentation on a subjuct such as OSAS, I don't expect you to believe it on this topic either.  For you said in another thread:

This is why I believe we must look to Scripture as our authority and not the views and practices of other men.

Therefore all I can do is stick to scriptures while presenting my defense. I don't want you to say

Exactly. Not only that, but there is a problem with relying on early church fathers and equating them with Scripture. They were human and fallible. We can't assume that they had everything right. In fact, they are not the most reliable source.

So I'll stick to my guns and say that Christ consumed grape juice.

Well Slap me silly and call me LEGALIST. lol :thumbsup::blink::thumbsup::taped:

Not mocking ya sis....(not too much) just stating what I've seen as far as posting defenses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What documentation regarding OSAS do I not believe? You mean early church fathers who disagreed amongst themselves and often contradicted Scripture on the subject? Of course I'm going to appeal to Scripture as the final authority over the beliefs of other men. I'm not sure what this has to do with this topic... :noidea:

Therefore all I can do is stick to scriptures while presenting my defense.  I don't want you to say

So where's the Scripture? :blink:

Good luck finding verses that say drinking is wrong, you'll only find Scriptures against being drunk which is an entirely different subject.

So where's the Scripture?  :thumbsup:

Good luck finding verses that say drinking is wrong, you'll only find Scriptures against being drunk which is an entirely different subject.

Okie dokie artichokie :thumbsup: I'll give you all the ammunition I got. BTW what do ya do.....turn invisdible(I like saying it like that :noidea: ) While your posting. I never see your name on here posting and yet 2 seconds later there's a post up by you and some other higher ranking members. Kinda spooky like "Big Brother".

"Sometimes I feel like, somebodies watchin' me" (i like that song... :blink: )