• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

How do we know that the third decree was in the fall of 457 B.C.? :thumbsup:

1. Olympiad Dates - classical historians accurately preserved Olympiad dates for Artaxerxes. These were transmitted from Xenophon and Thucydides through Plutarch to the Christian chronographer Julius Africanus.

2. Ptolemy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member

I'm still trying to find this discrepency of a 3300 day as opposed to the 2300 days.  I was reading about masoretic text and how many Christians feel that it has a lot of errors in it.  There might be other things in our bible that this text says is incorrect, but I'm gonna have to stick to what I know instead of the enigma of the masoretic.  Thanks for your input though ave.  btw  you didn't get to answer my question.

My next question is about the 70th week. When you say that 3.5 years is to be completed Christ's ministry are you saying that Christ is coming back and going to minister to us? (This is an actual question I'm not trying to be/sound stupid) Thanks for the response in advance
\

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was saying that 3.5 years of the last week was already fulfilled by Christ. Because to His coming was 69 weeks then his ministry was 3.5 years so in the midst of the week He was cut off. As described in Daniel 9:27 then the other Half week is fulfilled by the Lord's two Prophets who come and take away the Lord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Remnantrob,

This passage is difficult, and I wont go into a lot of explanantion, you already have a lot to sift through here. My only imput for now is that to me, without the gap theory, we have a lot of unfulfilled stuff in there. Don't you agree?

Remnantrob,

This passage is difficult, and I wont go into a lot of explanantion, you already have a lot to sift through here.  My only imput for now is that to me, without the gap theory, we have a lot of unfulfilled stuff in there.  Don't you agree?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately no, I do not agree. The fact that your background is similar to mine should let you know that I believe there is no gap nor a need for one :) ...(I believe it's a man made doctrine, but I'm open to learn more about it)

From what i understand(you already know this...) on the 70th week the Messiah was cut off and in the middle of the week and then the disciples finished his ministry in the last 3.5 years of the Prophetic week. (I think I've stated that before but if I haven't I will if I'm allowed to.) :P

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You may have prayed, but I have studied. The Vulgate was not before the earlier translation created by the Italian Waldenes. Thats why you should have taken the link and read the book. He shows where the KIng James bible was translated and its history and the history of the newer modern translations. Let me ask you something...for 300 years the England revered the KJV..Now that they dont even remotely resemble the same country that said we would have a bible and not the POPES...DId you notice all the witchcraft and junk coming from England. the monarchy that brought us the KJV.

Rome has struck!!

I'll get some time to devote to this, not tonight, have choir practice, hopefully tomorrow, otay? :rofl:

Hey Remnantrob,

Ya there?

Addressing the original topic...............

The Gap Theory---am I in the right place? Hope so.

OK, 70 weeks/490 years to

finish trangression

make an end of sin

make reconciliation for iniquity

bring in everlasting righteousness

seal up the vision

seal up the prophecy

anoint the most Holy

you say it's all done with Jesus, I say

I just sinned today, so that counts that one out

lots of prophecy hasn't happened yet, so there goes that one, the vision too, same thing, annoint the most Holy, well we are obviously going to disagree on that one so let me make a biblical point:

If this is done, Daniel was a false prophet, but, good for us, God gives us everything "on the testimony of 2 or more witnesses" so let's see who else talked about this prophecy hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh, Isaiah!! chapter 61 to be exact:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; has annointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim libery to the captive, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound, to proclaim the acceptable year of our Lord and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all that mourn, To appoint unto them that moutn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting og the Lord, that he might be florified, and they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they sall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations...........................(continue reading and you will see a repeat of Daniel's prophecy.

NOW, doesn't that passage sound familiar? Well, it should because Jesus started to quote it in Luke chapter 4 He said "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he annointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight ot the blind and to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.....

AND THEN HE CLOSED THE BOOK and they were shocked.

He left out and the day of vengeance of our God to comfort all that mourn, to appoint them to Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, oil of mourning, garment of praise, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting og the Lord that He might be glorified.

God is NOT done with Israel, no matter what your theology tells you, Jesus did NOT forget the rest of the scripture, He just wasn't there to finish it at that time, there is a gap because this is the time of the Gentiles, a mystery that was not revealed in the time of Daniel or Isaiah.

Glad I got time to post that.:)

Hey Remnantrob,

Ya there?

The Gap Theory---am I in the right place?  Hope so.

finish trangression

make an end of sin

seal up the vision

seal up the prophecy

anoint the most Holy

lots of prophecy hasn't happened yet, so there goes that one, the vision too, same thing, annoint the most Holy, well we are obviously going to disagree on that one so let me make a biblical point:

If this is done, Daniel was a false prophet, but, good for us, God gives us everything "on the testimony of 2 or more witnesses"  so let's see who else talked about this prophecy  hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh, Isaiah!!  chapter 61 to be exact:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me;  has annointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim libery to the captive, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound, to proclaim the acceptable year of our Lord and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all that mourn, To appoint unto them that moutn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting og the Lord, that he might be florified, and they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they sall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations...........................(continue reading and you will see a repeat of Daniel's prophecy.

NOW, doesn't that passage sound familiar?  Well, it should because Jesus started to quote it in Luke chapter 4  He said "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he annointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight ot the blind and to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.....

He left out and the day of vengeance of our God to comfort all that mourn, to appoint them to Zion,  to give them beauty for ashes, oil of mourning, garment of praise, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting og the Lord that He might be glorified.

God is NOT done with Israel, no matter what your theology tells you, Jesus did NOT forget the rest of the scripture, He just wasn't there to finish it at that time, there is a gap because this is the time of the Gentiles, a mystery that was not revealed in the time of Daniel or Isaiah.

Glad I got time to post that.:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Sabra, I'll respond to you about "my theology" and where it contridicts with "yours" later. :( Happy Sabbath :24:

Hey, you aren't supposed to be on the computer on the Sabbath!!

(I'm just joking, really!)':)'

Hey Remnantrob,

Ya there?

The Gap Theory---am I in the right place?  Hope so.

finish trangression

make an end of sin

seal up the vision

seal up the prophecy

anoint the most Holy

If this is done, Daniel was a false prophet, but, good for us, God gives us everything "on the testimony of 2 or more witnesses"  so let's see who else talked about this prophecy  hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh, Isaiah!!  chapter 61 to be exact:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me;  has annointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim libery to the captive, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound, to proclaim the acceptable year of our Lord and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all that mourn, To appoint unto them that moutn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting og the Lord, that he might be florified, and they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they sall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations...........................(continue reading and you will see a repeat of Daniel's prophecy.

NOW, doesn't that passage sound familiar?  Well, it should because Jesus started to quote it in Luke chapter 4  He said "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he annointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight ot the blind and to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.....

He left out and the day of vengeance of our God to comfort all that mourn, to appoint them to Zion,  to give them beauty for ashes, oil of mourning, garment of praise, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting og the Lord that He might be glorified.

Glad I got time to post that.:emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a quick response Sabra.(I didn't realize that the older I got the more responsibility I'd have...at least not this soon in life :emot-hug: )

In this gap theory there is a lot of interesting ideology that I would probably accept had I know grown up in the faith that I am in. I wanted to know why there is no mention of the tribulation, nor of a second rebuilding of the temple, nor of a second restoration of sacrifices, nor of antichrist making a covenant with the Jews, nor of him later breaking a covenant, nor that Jerusalem is to be destroyed two times. :rolleyes:

I believe that they are just theories imposed on this text(70 week prophecy)

I don't believe that there is evidence for there to be any gap in the 490-year prophecy. It is continuous, just like the 70 years of exile for God's people (Daniel 9:2). Can scripture be provided that a specific number of time units (days, weeks, years) that means anything other than being a continuous amount of time?

Then there is the instance in AD 27 (I believe) that was starting date for the last seven years of the prophecy, which Jesus emphasized by saying, "The time is fulfilled" (Mark 1:15).

I was reading up on this and I found out that I am a Historicist because of the way I view prophecy. Any who I think one of the forums here talked a little about the 70 week and the gap theory. I was wondering if anyone else would elaborate on it and if possible how it ties in(if it does) with the 2300 day prophecy. I'll try again later because today has been a rough day at work. God bless :emot-hug: