Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

.... we all know what comes next. The love of many shall wax cold. The AGAPE of many. These are indeed perilous times. The political landscape has blown fires of hatred and mistrust even within the walls of God's church. It is almost impossible to read the news and not  find oneself picking sides, for news is no longer news. It is a profit-driven business on both sides and what we all read is skewed one direction or the other, not to truly inform but  to get more readers, and the dollars that come with  them, first and foremost. 

As believers, may we all be reminded that the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. We wrestle not against those in disagreement with our views, religious or political. It is our our enemy behind the scenes, hoping to infect us with his hatred and venom. Our calling is to pray for those we believe are in error. 

Ultimately, as His born again children, we are not of this world. God is neither Republican or Democrat. We are counseled to walk out our time here as sojourners, passers through, in the world, yes, but not of it. I myself am guilty of reading so much about current events that it begins to sour my own outlook on life. That is why we are told to keep our eyes fixed firmly on Jesus Himself, and to concentrate on whatsoever is good, whatsoever is pure, and avoid entangling ourselves with the affairs of this world. 

What God has set in notion cannot be stopped. May we all, myself included and at the forefront, remember that our primary calling is to live for Christ and shine so that others may see our peace, even in the eye of the storm,  and seek the answer we possess, demonstrated by our victory, our peace, our joy,  things that they do not know how to attain.   

blessings to all,

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1