Speks

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

We all go through tough times in our lives when we need help and encouragement. And there are times when we want to turn to God's Word to learn more about Christ. Something that has been a help to me personally over the years is the publication Daily Light on the Daily Path

If you haven't heard of it, check it out. It's available online for free, and in a digital book format too. The background story is told here:

http://www.dailylight.co.uk/background.html

Here's an example of this morning's reading which was just what I needed to hear after a few 'trials':

The hope laid up for you in heaven.—If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.—Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.—“Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.”—That no one be moved by these afflictions. For you yourselves know that we are destined for this. Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.—may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.—Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.—Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory.—Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.