• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

Isaiah 4:1 1And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach

It seems the 7 women are churches and the man is Christ. They eat their own bread by teaching/hearing their own gospel and their own apparel is their self righteousness. Only calling themselves Christians so nobody immediately flees but gets caught up in their web. Am I way off and alone or does anyone agree?  

On an unrelated note does anyone believe the word water is used as the true gospel, the true Word of God? In Ezekiel He says He will sprinkle clean water on us. The truth. Revelation talks about the water becoming Wormwood or polluted false gospels. Even Genesis says 8 souls were saved by water. How? They lived because of the ark. So further evidence that being saved by water means by the Word of God. Any thoughts? I guess it’s not completely unrelated. 

Born of Water and the Spirit. The pure Word of God and the Spirit. Born again not by will of man or the flesh but of God. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. I would really appreciate any feedback. Thank you, Frank. 

Or is it obvious and we’ve been there done that? LoL. I do feel strongly that what I posted makes sense. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I think we should look at the historical context of this prophecy.Isaiah is addressing the Northern Kingdom and Judah before they are destroyed and exiled by the Babylonians ,Assyrians ect. around 791-715 according to Thiele's regnal dates.I is quite obvious that wars take its toll on the male population for example in WWI the French lost approximately I million males, Germany I million and the English 1/2 million.I suppose the USA also lost many when they entered War.

To be left without any male support and not having any  children to carry the family or tribal name was a great shame back in the days of the OT e.g.Ex:21:10.Isaiah is pointing to these ramifications where seduction and attraction would be useless "Isa. 3:16) where there would be few males to seduce.The situation would leave women begging for basic needs such as food and clothing.This would lead a situation against the will of God as read in Gen 3.The reference to "that day" in Isa 3:7,18;4:1 could also have a multi -fulfillment  beyond the fall on Samaria and Judah, to the Tribulation(Revelation) as well, according to many students.Relying on materialistic things and people's opinions instead of relying God's will, seems to be the big lesson here.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

Doesn't 4:1 make sense in context without reading other meanings into it?

Just a few lines earlier we read that the women had fallen into hard times from a place of pride and showiness, and men were few and far between: "Your men will fall by the sword and your mighty men in battle."

• Thumbs Up 1

So called by thy name means they would have a man physically and not be considered widows? Ok and the water? And thanks for your responses. 

Edited by FrankIeCip

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, FrankIeCip said:

Isaiah 4:1 1And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach

Here is Isaiah from the NLT:

Isaiah 4:1-5 NLT
[1] In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, "Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing. Only let us take your name so we won't be mocked as old maids." [2] But in that day, the branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious; the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of all who survive in Israel. [3] All who remain in Zion will be a holy people- those who survive the destruction of Jerusalem and are recorded among the living. [4] The Lord will wash the filth from beautiful Zion and cleanse Jerusalem of its bloodstains with the hot breath of fiery judgment. [5] Then the LORD will provide shade for Mount Zion and all who assemble there. He will provide a canopy of cloud during the day and smoke and flaming fire at night, covering the glorious land.

I use the NLT because it is easier to understand.

Since Isaiah is riding in a time before the exile,to me this could very well be talking about the return to Jerusalem after the exile. Note that “in that day“ will be terrible for the unbelievers and can be a beautiful day for those who remain in Zion.

Thanks for your response. And any thoughts on the water posts? Thanks , Frank.