Speks

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

I read something on here this morning that reminded me how important it is to better understand our enemy's tactics. Sometimes discussions about Satan and the spiritual realm get sidetracked by distracting speculations and pet theories. There may even be a few interesting points to be considered. What matters most, however, is how effectively we wrestle against a wicked spiritual enemy whose influence causes untold harm throughout the true Church.

Yes, when we are wholly submitted to God, through faith in Christ's authority we can resist the devil and he will flee from us. He will be confronted by our spiritual awareness and will recognise the Person of Christ in us. But we should also understand that our enemy can stand in our way, or perhaps gain an advantage. Even if we are aware of his schemes, there will be times when he will hinder us: "...we wanted to come to you... and yet Satan hindered us" (1st Thessalonians 2:18). 

He can cut through our intentions and thwart our plans, so we need to be set apart, fully prepared for conflict. The spiritual forces of wickedness will do their best to disrupt good works, corrupt godliness, block spiritual progress and distort true teaching. We are constantly set against an enemy who wants to frustrate the Holy Spirit's work in and through us. The more we accomplish in Christ the greater the opposition will be. Are we prepared? (Ephesians 6:10-18)

Demonic activity can poison our attitudes and behaviour, which in turn causes "soulish" friction among true believers (consider James 3:15, 16). It isn't hard to find! Paul's experience strongly suggests our spiritual enemies — working as messengers of Satan — can also cause humbling health problems (see 2nd Corinthians 12:7). 

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the Devil" (Ephesians 6:11, HCSB).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,444
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Speks said:

Demonic activity can poison our attitudes and behaviour, which in turn causes "soulish" friction among true believers (consider James 3:15, 16). It isn't hard to find! Paul's experience strongly suggests our spiritual enemies — working as messengers of Satan — can also cause humbling health problems (see 2nd Corinthians 12:7). 

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the Devil" (Ephesians 6:11, HCSB).

Brother your post is right on the money so to speak.  For the last twenty years I do not leave my house before recalling Epesians 6 in my own words.   When you are determined to follow and serve the Lord, and I look at the example of Christian in  John Bunyan "Pligrims Progress" , you would face the oppositions and the likes as so descriptively revealed in the allegory.   The theme and goal is that we must press on, knowing that we are destined for the celestial city and to present our scroll.  

The Fear of death has to be eliminated in a believers life , if he is to fully wage the war that comes against the children of the most high God.  Also, we are reminded the battle is the Lord's and we are his chosen vessels to do his assignments here as he so allots us. 

Continue to write like this brother as the way you say you piece is edifying and encouraging.

Edited by warrior12