• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

So what should we say of a so-called "church" that not only welcomes homosexuality but specifically lays their foundation upon this sin, and condones the behavior, without encouraging change? What should be next, a church for pedophiles perhaps? Or maybe there should be a church for murderers and rapists?

Oh yes, because that's exactly the same thing right? all those homosexuals out there are just itching to do harm to others and force people to do things that they don't want to do. Your logic is rather flawed.

Jesus was also the only person to do that. And since christians say that Jesus was God, then it would stand to reason that he would be the only person qualified to do that. What gives anyone else the right to say nasty things like.....

Guess this is one church where the Pastor can be called successful by the number of people leaving.

That is just plain insulting. There is no excuse for degrading someone else like that. Regardless of your differences. I'm not trying to justify myself or homosexuality to anyone here (I know it's a lost cause). All I'm trying to suggest is that just because everyone else in here is opposed to the gay lifestyle, does not give them the right to judge and condemn those who live it. "Whoever is without sin, let them cast the first stone." John 8:7

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right . 100 years ago she would have been imprisoned. ;)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

So what should we say of a so-called "church" that not only welcomes homosexuality but specifically lays their foundation upon this sin, and condones the behavior, without encouraging change? What should be next, a church for pedophiles perhaps? Or maybe there should be a church for murderers and rapists?

Oh yes, because that's exactly the same thing right? all those homosexuals out there are just itching to do harm to others and force people to do things that they don't want to do. Your logic is rather flawed.

Jesus was also the only person to do that. And since christians say that Jesus was God, then it would stand to reason that he would be the only person qualified to do that. What gives anyone else the right to say nasty things like.....

Guess this is one church where the Pastor can be called successful by the number of people leaving.

That is just plain insulting. There is no excuse for degrading someone else like that. Regardless of your differences. I'm not trying to justify myself or homosexuality to anyone here (I know it's a lost cause). All I'm trying to suggest is that just because everyone else in here is opposed to the gay lifestyle, does not give them the right to judge and condemn those who live it. "Whoever is without sin, let them cast the first stone." John 8:7

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right . 100 years ago she would have been imprisoned. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naw. Just tarred and feathered, then run out of town.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

2 Tim 4:3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is exactly what this is and what's going on in religion today. No other words could possibly say it better. Great post, gypc!!!

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Do people even try to study the issue before they speak?

The reason they do not believe it is a sin is the same reason that people no longer burn witches, or oppose tattoos, or refuse to shave the sides of thier faces (all biblical by the way).

Where in the Bible does it say it's okay to burn witches?

Tattoos was never forbidden in the Bible. Marking on oneself in worship of the dead was forbidden however (it's a form of pagan worship).

Shaving the sides of the face was written to levite Priest, not the church.

Homosexuality, however, is called wrong in the Jewish and Greek culture...this is why it stands as a sin.

If christians aren't supposed to "pick and choose" which verses to follow, then why are women now allowed to speak in churches, why do they not have to cover thier heads?

Head covers for women was speaking about her hair and was using the culture at that time as an example, not a mandate. Women being silent was speaking about authority, such as women not speaking with authority in the church, not calling for complete silence.

It was a different culture then. Anyone can see that certain things were written in a cultural frame of mind.

Does salvation apply to us or was that a cultural issue too? Why or why not?

Do you even know the exegis litmus test to determine if something is cultural or not?

I also don't think that even if homosexuality was truly a sin that it would be a deciding factor in whether or not someone gets into heaven.

Someone that lives in sin and justifies that sin doesn't have the Spirit of God in them or is running far from God. That's just biblical fact.

It's time for christians to stop acting like God and start acting like Jesus!

Pretty sure they're both the same :24:

Are you a Christian?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Is it a sin for a person to be gay but not act it out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love the sinner, detest the sin. Homosexual activity is the sin Constant so, I would say the answer to your question is no. :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/10/1975

If a person has desires to act out homosexual than the sin lies in their hearts.

Lust is a sin in the hearts of heterosexually oriented people and has fully been birthed in someone who is homosexual. I see it as the same disease but one person is in a worse state than the other. Homosexuality is abuse of God's beautiful design, it is a perversion of what God made and loved. Man and Women. There can only be two distinct halves to a whole complete identity and that is man and women, not women and women, or man and man. Homosexuals can not see that we love them, that is why we say what we say about the truth of God. If someone calls themself a christian and worships like a christian then they should really come out of all darkness and become a full christian. Fornication of any kind is prohibited in the bible.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Its the nonrepentant nature of it that is really sick,along w/ the tolerant behavior.

Condemning its one thing but condoning its worse. Scripture tells us to "judge all things".

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with a Christian that struggles with homosexuality and, God forbid, actually gives into that temptation once and a while. How is it any different than some of the sins we go through, especially men? The problem is when we try and take a sin and make it acceptable, even to the point to say that God made the person that way or that what God said about it is invalid in the modern context. That is where it becomes a sin where fruit is killed or proven not to be there. Struggling and justifying are two completely different things.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Personally if this was my church it could cause me to lose my faith.