Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

I hope you enjoy this poem. Jeremiah was know as the weeping prophet for he wept over the sins of his nation. Christians in our day and time need to weep over the condition of our world and lift voices unto the Lord. There is much sorrow in our world today, we need to develop a heart like Jesus. What we do not need to do is condone the sins that surround us in the world as many call evil good and good evil. I hear too many Christians justify and excuse the sins around them and label it love. Our love for the Lord is the first love and that love means also loving their ways not the ways of darkness. Weep over the condition of our world and quit excusing it! Weep over the hurts and sorrows amongst you and yearn for the return of our Lord.

The Tears of a Stranger

A funeral procession passed by me on the road and I pulled over to show my respect,

But I did not grieve as those who drove past on that bright and sunny day, I did not weep.

Had I been in the procession, if one that I loved had been in the hearse I would have wept,

Why was I not moved to tears by the sadness and sorrow of strangers as they passed by?

Must sadness visit my door to move my heart, must it be my own hurt to bring my tears?

Grief and sorrow are global for everyone upon the earth has known or will know deep sorrow.

The call that comes to inform us of the death of a loved one is like a knife to our soul,

Our loss brings sadness and grief, but why do we not grieve and mourn over the stranger?

Grief comes at unexpected times and can come when we know that death is moments away,

We seek to prepare our hearts but none can truly prepare for the death of one they love.

Can I prepare my heart to grieve and weep over the hurt and over the tears of a stranger?

Can I have a heart that mourns, a heart that is moved by the hurt of others, a heart that loves?

I do feel empathy and sympathy when I read of the death of a child, but I do not truly grieve,

Why do I not weep and mourn when I know that a mother knows a sorrow like none other?

The death of a child is the deepest cut that can come upon the soul of the living,

When will I become like Jesus and weep when I see the hurt and the tears of a stranger?

I cry when I see my children cry for they are mine, they are the heart of my heart,

Why do I not cry when I see the tears of a child who is a stranger unto me, why my Lord?

I seek to see, to hear, to feel, and to love like Jesus, I seek to be moved with compassion,

I desire for the tears of a stranger to bring tears unto me for I desire my heart to truly love.

• Loved it! 2