Guest brandplucked

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

How do you reconcile your beliefs with 2 Timothy 3:16 then ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Pauls statement was God's way of showing us that there are certain things in life that are profitable, though not necessary. I do not follow your inuendo. By the way...aren't you Catholic??? Should you be making these types of statements? Honestly???

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Pauls statement was God's way of showing us that there are certain things in life that are profitable, though not necessary.  I do not follow your inuendo.  By the way...aren't you Catholic???  Should you be making these types of statements?  Honestly???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No Paul's statement was Paul's statement, and, as he makes clear his words, not those of God!

And I'm a Quaker not a Catholic!

Pauls statement was God's way of showing us that there are certain things in life that are profitable, though not necessary.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

How do you reconcile your beliefs with 2 Timothy 3:16 then ?  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And yours with 1 Corinthians 7:

25Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy.

If Paul, states categorically that his views were not inspired by God, but were a reflection of his trustworthy judgement. Why should we now claim that they are the"Inerrant word of God".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought your interpretation of modern events in the middle east was bad. Turns out your interpretation of scripture is even worse.

This is an isolated incident in scripture where he is referring to his opinion on virgins remaining single. He thinks its best but acknowledges that it won't always happen that way. It's one incident.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought your interpretation of events in the Middle-East were just a shade partisan, but your logic is even worse. The argument for bible being the inerrant word of God, because it says so, or might infer so, in the Bible, rather than relying on outside confirmation is itself questionable. But the idea that because Paul only says once that some things he writes result from his own reflection, not divine inspiration means that we can discount that statement makes no sense. Once is enough. The point is that if you say that all the Bible is the inerrant word of God, then that statement must be erroneous. If you believe that that statement is erroneous but at the same time accept it as part of the Bible, then you are saying that the Bible is not inerrant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amor, you trying to debate is sadly funny.

For one, where did I make the claim of infallibility based upon the Bible alone? $100,000 if you can quote me on it. I'm serious.

As for what Paul said, look at the context. Why would he have to explain it was his opinion? Likewise look to Peter, who calls the writings of Paul scripture. Furthermore only once or twice do we see Paul have to indicate that the follow verse is his opinion. The one you quote is in matters of marriage. Paul is saying it is best for a virgin to remain a virgin, but if they must, get married. Paul is not saying all of his writings are opinion. Can you supply any hermeneutical proof or reason as to why we can apply one scripture to all of Paul's writings?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

That's all very interesting EricH but I have one question, where did you get this information? It's not in the bible so you must either have A) come to this on your own accord or B) Heard it from someone else. In either case we should rightfully assume that you or whomever is a sinner and prone to error in judgement, logic, action, etc... fallible in all human traits. Therefore just like all other interpretations of the Bible you could be mistaken.

That I am a sinner saved by grace is exacty correct. That in my own power apart from the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit I am prone to error is also correct.

Here are the passages that drove my conclusions.

1. Inspiration - 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Matthew 5:18, 1 Peter 1:20-21

2. Inerrancy - Isaiah 55:11

3. Authority- Matthew 5:18-20

These are not exhaustive, only representative

I also admit that our view of scripture is at the end of the day a matter of faith. I could not prove it to you if I tried. My understanding of this is tied to my understanding of what scripture teaches regarding itself and my understanding of God's character. Feel free to ignore what I say if you feel that it is incorrect.

Blessings

Eric

Guest brandplucked
So did your bible lead you to Christ and show you where to find Him?

Yes, it did and still does. I didn't know at the time that the King James Bible was God's only pure words, but that is the Bible He used to bring me to Christ my Lord and Saviour.

God bless,

Will K

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen brother!!! God also initially spoke to me through the Good News Bible, then the NASB...but graciously led me to the pure Words of the KJV. Praise His name!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Halifax, that is great to hear. I know God can and does use other bible versions to bring His people to faith in Christ. I do not doubt this for a second. But if a person wants to have the 100% pure and true words of God, they are found today only in the King James Bible. All others are poor imitations at best.

Will K

Guest brandplucked
Hello KJB friend!  The same here.  Now I came to Christ by trying in earnest to disprove the Bible.  After reading it out of historical interest, I had the foreboding feeling that it was true and that hell existed.  (The whole time the Holy Spirit led me and convicted me).  I remember staying up two or three in the morning, sweating, trying to disprove it.  I didn't want it to be true because I didn't like the thought of ending up in the fire.  The greater the doubt and disbelief, the greater the yield in faith when the word prooved me wrong!  The King James Bible destroyed my faith in evolution.

The word of God is not only infalliable, it is indelible:

Isa 55:11 KJV

(11)  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi saint, my brother in law had a similar experience. He was an atheist and he began to read the Bible (King James Holy Bible, of course) and he thought he could find errors and prove it wrong. The more he read, the more he realized that no man could possibly have written this Book and God brought him to faith in Christ.

Will K