InfoCentral

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

:thumbsup: When do good godly men become corrupted by this world and follow the path to money? I started with computer and joining online forums almost at the same time with the almost immediate purchase of a modem. This was mainly because I was told there was a wealth of FREE software just for the downloading. This was true and I did download a heck of a lot of free software. But it also opened up the door to forums and discussions. This was before the Internet and while confined to a local geographical area these BBS

Yep, we are living in the closing times. You know I can name 3 totally free 3d software programs. And 3d programs are very, very complicated and mucho expensive. But the seculars have a cause and will devote countless hours to promote it and ask nothing in return while the "Christians" on the other hand have no bible software that isn't asking for money. I find this just incredible.

:thumbsup: I was having a discussion on the Online Bible forum about the change in philosophy from one of "freely received, freely given" to "freely received, price added." Well today I went back on and the entire thread has been deleted. I was wondering how long that would take. I was expecting it. No one wants to be exposed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

I had the TV on the other night. I wasn't really watching...just background noise. There was a preacher there talking about the end times. The program was 30 minutes. He spent 10 minutes preaching and 20 minutes trying to hock his book.

There's only one message and yet some people have so many bibles and books that their house resembles a bookstore.

People spend hundreds of dollars on religious material but can't spare a dime for the homeless. Go figure.

I think it is crazy but it is only going to get worse. Preachers are paid to preach and therefore are given a congregation. But too many copyright everything that comes out of their mouths and want $$$ for a copy of it. If the apostles were here today they would be fuming. The government publishes their material with free license. Anyone who wants can copy and redistribute it at will. Why not the Christian material. I tell you, if I were a preacher and I had a salary, that would be it. Everything I wrote or said would freely distributable. I would find great glory just knowing that others were spreading it around. It really is very sad.

On a positive note there are Christians who still believe in working for the Lord and not receiving $$$ rewards. These people will surely receive their rewards in heaven. On such person is the programmer of the bible software e-sword. I recently received an e-mail from him regarding distributing his bible software and if any cost were expressed or implied (like Online Bible). Here is what he had to say:

David,

You are welcome to make copies of e-Sword in compliance to the license

agreement.  Per the e-Sword license agreement: "You may make copies for

yourself and friends, provided that any distribution is also free.  You

may

not charge for the program itself, nor may you charge for any type of

duplication costs, and you must not do anything to suggest to the

person to

whom it is distributed that e-Sword is anything other than free

software.

The program may not be sold or resold, distributed as a part of any

commercial package, or used or distributed to support any kind of