• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Mr. Foglight you sound as if you have no beliefs in God. If that is true, why are you here?

As far as my opinions, they're are mine. I have no group. I don't need anyone to speak for me or to advise me as to what to say.

Your monkey to man theories are not logical. For you to believe that we evolved from a single cell to what we are today only shows your ignorance of the facts.

Your theory of evolution is a hypothesis and a hypothesis proves nothing. If evolution could be proven as fact, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The scientific community would be screaming it from the rooftops.

As for reading scientific material. Yes I have. I found it to be filled with a lot of "could be's and maybe's". They even call it a theory. If the scientific world can't say for sure, how is it you have all this knowledge? Maybe you should call them up to enlighten them. I'm sure they could use some help.

Now as for your assault on my character. You don't even know me. Your arrogant attitude toward christians is a sign of your ignorance. All you do is attack. Have you nothing better to do? Maybe you should ask mom if you can borrow the car. Go see a movie or something.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how you guys know all about what happened hundreds of millions of years ago and yet have no proof.

You say evolution is a long drawn out process. Where's the fossil evidence of man evolving into what he is today? Where's the evidence of anything that is in it's evolutionary stage?

You guys like to use a lot of big words. What? Is that suppose to intimidate me? You went to school on daddy's dime...Big deal. I don't need a college education to know you guys are wrong.

You know all you had to do was say "hey take a look at this". But no...you have put people down, call them names, put yourselves above them. As if your education somehow elevates you above the rest. What? Does that make you feel superior to us lower life forms?

What boring lives you must lead.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Why would a creature that lived under water feel the need to grow legs and crawl out of the ocean?

They wouldn't - and fortunately, evolution doesn't work by an animal wanting it to happen. Phew, what a relief.

I would hope not... because "mid-transitional form" you would have a fish with little paddler fins that are turning into legs... so, it can no longer swim efficiently... but, it can't walk yet either. That means this transitional form would not be able to successfully compete for resources and would most likely end up as another fish's LUNCH.

They say we evolved from monkeys.

By "they" you can't mean evolutionists, because no evolutionist has ever said this. By "they" you must mean the propagandists you trust at the ICR, or answers in genesis.

Correction... ICR and AIG do not misrepresent the evolutionary theory. The line of thought is that man and monkeys descended from the same organism, not that one evolved from the other.

Both are equally ludicrous, however.

Plants came first. But how would they survive without carbon dioxide?

By 440 million years ago, the atmosphere was rich in both oxygen and CO2.

Were you around back then to measure the CO2 content of the earth's atmosphere?

Or, are evolutionists so certain of this simply because it is necessary for their belief system?

Scientists can't even explain the sudden explosion of life on this planet.

You're talking about the Cambrian explosion (although you probably don't know it, because thinking of your track record on this post, there is little or no chance you actually know the name of the cambrian explosion).

And scientists have explained why this event occured. It was because of the advent of hard parts.

Where did the "hard parts" come from?

Just because someone has a college degree doesn't make them right.

No, but it might mean they know the rudiments of what they're talking about when they mention evolution. It's called education, you really ought to give it a try before you post supposed facts about a subject.

Being educated in something doesn't make it true. You would argue this if someone said "God is real because I have a DD or ThD."

Why would a creature that lived under water feel the need to grow legs and crawl out of the ocean?

They wouldn't - and fortunately, evolution doesn't work by an animal wanting it to happen. Phew, what a relief.

I would hope not... because "mid-transitional form" you would have a fish with little paddler fins that are turning into legs... so, it can no longer swim efficiently... but, it can't walk yet either. That means this transitional form would not be able to successfully compete for resources and would most likely end up as another fish's LUNCH.

They say we evolved from monkeys.

By "they" you can't mean evolutionists, because no evolutionist has ever said this. By "they" you must mean the propagandists you trust at the ICR, or answers in genesis.

Correction... ICR and AIG do not misrepresent the evolutionary theory. The line of thought is that man and monkeys descended from the same organism, not that one evolved from the other.

Plants came first. But how would they survive without carbon dioxide?

By 440 million years ago, the atmosphere was rich in both oxygen and CO2.

Or, are evolutionists so certain of this simply because it is necessary for their belief system?

Scientists can't even explain the sudden explosion of life on this planet.

You're talking about the Cambrian explosion (although you probably don't know it, because thinking of your track record on this post, there is little or no chance you actually know the name of the cambrian explosion).

And scientists have explained why this event occured. It was because of the advent of hard parts.

Where did the "hard parts" come from?

Just because someone has a college degree doesn't make them right.

No, but it might mean they know the rudiments of what they're talking about when they mention evolution. It's called education, you really ought to give it a try before you post supposed facts about a subject.

Being educated in something doesn't make it true. You would argue this if someone said "God is real because I have a DD or ThD."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank You. Your good deeds will not go unnoticed. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

Jesus-lives, nice to meet you. :) My name is Joe. I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but I am learning a little at a time. I have listened to a lot of material from both sides on the subject. I don't recall all of the information that I have heard, but I know that there are a lot of holes in the Evolution theory. I am going to post some links and maybe some articles? I know that some people here don't like the whole cut and paste thing but why should I try to say something that has been said already. And said better to boot.

http://www.coralridge.org/BroadcastArchives.asp

Just type in "evolution" and you will find many free streaming audio files from there radio broadcasts to keep you busy for a while.

http://www.str.org/free/commentaries/evolution/index.htm

This site has great articles and you can also download there radio shows for free in mp3 format.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home.aspx

I really haven't look at this site to much, but it comes highly recomended by friends on mine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Evolution is just one of many indications of man's errogance in thinking he can figure out the universe. :) yes I said :P:P

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

This whole thread is really a pointless exercise in the ignorance of Christians on science. I am amazed at the ridiculous things people will say simply because they don't understand. I'm going to run through a few of these real quick just to point out either outright lies or misunderstanding. I'm no scientist but some of this is just simple knowledge and logic.

Just to let you know: the founder of the religion/theory of evolution, Charles Darwin, recanted on his deathbed and became a born-again believer.

Talk about irony.

This is simply unsubstantiated propaganda. Halifaxchristian, please provide the name of the person who heard Darwin say this. :)

Evolution has no basis in reality. There is absolutely no proof of it and the only reason you believe in it is because of propaganda.

Unfortunately for you this is wrong. There is a huge, unable to ignore, mound of evidence. You can say you don't believe the evidence but to deny that the evidence exists is foolish.

If your mind were not polluted as it has been through school and the media...you would have no clue of its even mere existance as a "theory". Instead, you would still believe like the apostles in a literal creation in 7 days. And you would STILL believe in Jesus' parables. Not because of a cartoon chart of monkeys...but because the Word of God made flesh said so.

In your scenario science doesn't exist and the computer you enjoy using to spread misinformation and ridiculous "if's" would still be a hand written flier.

Actually Darwin wasn't the founder of evolution - he stole most of his ideas from his grandfather.Some form of evolution is all through Greek history.

Stole? That's not how it works. He may have continued and expounded on other peoples ideas but stole? That's like saying every idea that was ever improved on was stolen from someone. Kinda silly when you look at it correctly eh?

And let me add something to this wonderful post...

Just say that evolution IS true...the biggest problem is yet to come...

WHERE THE CRAP DID EVERYTHING COME FROM???

Oh...by the way...I saw a horse appear out of nowhere yesterday. Just like that...pop...came into being out of thin air!!!

If that sounds unreal...imagine billions of planets and stars JUST COMING...JUST HAPPENING...JUST SHOWING UP...

With no pre-existant Deity, Life Force, Grand Designer, Higher Intellegence...or whatever else you want to label God.

Just imagine the possibility of that happening.

Pretty good...if you ask me...I mean, if you ask an "athiest".

That nonsense really exposes your lack of understanding. If you were even vaguely familiar with the theory (whether you believe it or not) you would see how silly your thought process is on this. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about giving answers to our "stupid" questions rather than accusing us of "stupidity"? Sound smart enough to engage???

God bless.

Mr. fog and this science guy are obviously lost. Why else would they take such a stance against God. The only thing they have is their intellegence and when that comes into question, they lash out. It's not their fault. They don't know any other way. I'm ok with it. I know the source of their anger.

In addition to their being lost, they must be incredibly lonely. Why else would they be here?

I don't need any answers to my questions. There are none and they know that. That's why they started slinging mud. That's all they had left.

I for one have no hard feelings. At the time it was a different story. Now....water off a duck's back. Let'em be. They're in enough pain.

I want thank those of you who came to my aid. Like I said, your good works will not go unnoticed.

That's about it for now. Until next time.

In His name. :)

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

You mean like lung fish, or maybe you mean like mud skippers, no you probably mean walking catfish. OH, maybe I'm way off base and you were refering to something like a tadpole which ends up a frog...

Where are all of the fossils for the transitional forms you allege? If it happened as you say, there should be countless transitional forms. 99% of all fossils found should be transitional forms if evolution is true. Yet, we all know how dismal the fossil record is for transitional forms.

You probably don't believe in the theory of gravity or the theory of relativity either right, I mean they are just theories

No, I do believe in those theories because I can observe the effects right here and now. I can conduct experiments demonstrating the effects of gravity, etc.

Can you say the same for evolution?

Were you around when Jesus died? And yet...

Fog, that's a valid point.

However, Jesus Christ has changed my life. He turned me from being a deplorable sinner 11 years ago into a child of God. My life was miraculously changed overnight and I am a new creation in Him.

So, He is a very present reality for me.

I have a question for you... Do you believe in Abraham Lincoln? How about Alexander the Great?