IGNORED

What is better: to be rich or to live by faith (Part 3)?

Leonardo Von

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What is better: to be rich or to live by faith (Hab 2:4; Rom 1:17; Gal 3:11; Heb 10:38) (Part 3)?

With so many ways of losing our money, the best that we can do is to obey what Jesus said:

•    “Do not lay up treasures on earth for yourselves, where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up treasures in Heaven for yourselves, where neither moth nor rust corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Mat 6:19-21).

But, how can we lay up treasures in Heaven? One of the manners is following what Jesus said:

•    “Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me.” (Mat 19:21).

It’s not in vain that Paul urged us to do this:

•    “minding the same thing toward one another, not minding high things, *but yielding to the lowly*. Do not be wise within yourselves.” (Rom 12:16).

Let’s stay in the company of those who need Jesus and us:

•    “Know well the face of your flocks; set your heart on your herds. For riches are not forever; nor the crown from generation to generation.” (Pro 27:23,24).

Let’s turn the riches of this world into heavenly wealth:

•    “And I say to you, Make friends by the mammon of unrighteousness for yourselves, so that when you fail, they may receive you into everlasting dwellings.” (Luk 16:9)

Notwithstanding, to reach this we can’t choose who we will bless or what is the suitable occasion:

•    “Cast your bread on the waters; for you shall find it after many days. Give a share to seven, and also to eight; for you know not what evil shall be on the earth. In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening do not withhold your hand; for you do not know what shall be blessed, either this or that, or whether they both shall be fruitful in the same way.” (Ecc 11:1,2,6).

So, let’s lay up our treasures in the heart of people under the direction of the Holy Spirit. Specially because, even if we were able to keep safe all our earthly treasures, we will be compelled to leave them sooner or later:

•    “Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me. And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity.” (Ecc 2:18,19).

Finally, have a good day increasing your spiritual riches and amassing them in people’s heart through the fair use of your good materials in Jesus’ presence.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I struggle with the ability to live by faith. I prefer to be rich and have no financial worries. When I struggle with money, I wonder if I will deny the Lord. I am really weak in my faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, hishandmaiden said:

I struggle with the ability to live by faith. I prefer to be rich and have no financial worries. When I struggle with money, I wonder if I will deny the Lord. I am really weak in my faith.

Do not sweat the small stuff. Just be ready to give someone a HAND UP, not a hand out. God does not 'need' our money and does not 'need' anything from us. He wants our Loyalty and Belief in Him.

Guest clancy

I have often told God ,that I would never give my faith up, not for billions.

if you don’t have faith, which is worth more than any amount of money,.....you have nothing!!....?

Without God, I could not live.

i am rich in the LOVE of Christ...there is none like it!

Edited by clancy