IGNORED

How am I suppose to know my calling?

Guest louise

Guest louise

I would like to know how do we know what our calling is.Our Pastors always say God will tell you.I went through a stage where I felt God wasn`t talking to me, but I know that is a lie from satan.I know God is always there, But I still do not know what exactly my calling is.I have been praying for a long time. :huh:

Thank you all.Went to a service today not my own church that helped a lot.Just gave me a new insight to other things.I realised that not all are called to a great commision all the time.Sometimes our calling is in the simple things.eg; Being a mother , wife etc.Not that I`m saying I will not be called to something else bigger later.For now it is just to portray Jesus to people around me. :)

Edited by louise

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Hello!

I was listening to Rick Joyner yesterday and he was talking about the difference between your calling, and your comissioning. I suggest listening to his prophetic teachings, they bring great revalation on things like that. So anyway, he said, you'll know what your calling is, by the way you mostly portray Christ. What you notice the most, what God ministers to your heart. For example, if you see Jesus as the healer. Your probably called to heal. If you see him as the compassionate savior, your probably called to win souls through love and helps, if you see Jesus as the teacher, your probably called to preach the Word... ect...

of course, in due time the Lord will reveal your calling. How long is a long time? Some people wait years and years. Just remember, if your praying for your own calling to be revealed, it wont. If your praying to the Lord to place you in a calling for HIS purpose, youll get results. So many people its all about them, what they can do, but for there own purpose, there own glory. Ask the Lord to glorify himself through your life, and that your calling be revealed so that you can fulfil his purpose, so he can recieve what he paid for with his own blood. Remember to get stuck into the Word of God too. Seek revalation through the Holy Spirit about God's calling. About Jesus, and all things will be added unto you.

Hope that helped!

Blessings,

Bluebird

:huh:

Guest stevej

My prayer is that God will reveal his perfect will to you. Please be sure hat you are listening. Many have a problem hearing because they either are looking to hard or decide to partially follow what has been revealed. Keep in the scripture,

talking with God, and trusting God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

We all want to know our callings in G-d's great plan for us. But realize the doubt is only for now. I feel that way more often than I'd care to admit. I know the general road is theater. It's what off ramp to take?

One of my favorite musicals 'AVENUE Q', I think, says it best.

FOR NOW

PRINCETON:

Why does everything have to be so hard?

GARY COLEMAN:

Maybe you'll never find your purpose.

CHRISTMAS EVE:

Lots of people don't.

PRINCETON:

But then- I don't know why I'm even alive!

KATE MONSTER:

Well, who does, really?

Everyone's a little bit unsatisfied.

BRIAN:

Everyone goes 'round a little empty inside.

GARY COLEMAN:

Take a breath,

Look around,

BRIAN:

Swallow your pride,

KATE MONSTER:

FOr now...

BRIAN, KATE, GARY, CHRISTMAS EVE:

For now...

NICKY:

Nothing lasts,

ROD:

Life goes on,

NICKY:

Full of surprises.

ROD:

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes.

CHRISTMAS EVE:

You're going to have to make a few compromises...

For now...

TREKKIE MONSTER:

For now...

ALL:

But only for now! (For now)

Only for now! (For now)

Only for now! (For now)

Only for now!

LUCY:

For now we're healthy.

BRIAN:

For now we're employed.

BAD IDEA BEARS:

For now we're happy...

KATE MONSTER:

If not overjoyed.

PRINCETON:

And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid, for now...

GARY COLEMAN:

For now...

TREKKIE MONSTER:

For now...

KATE MONSTER:

For now...

ALL:

But only for now! (For now)

Only for now! (For now)

Only for now! (For now)

Only for now!

Only for now!

(For now there's life!)

Only for now!

(For now there's love!)

Only for now!

(For now there's work!)

For now there's happiness!

But only for now!

(For now discomfort!)

Only for now!

(For now there's friendship!)

Only for now (For now!)

Only for now!

Only for now!(Sex!)

Is only for now! (Your hair!)

Is only for now! (George Bush!)

Is only for now!

Don't stress,

Relax,

Let life roll off your backs

Except for death and paying taxes,

Everything in life is only for now!

NICKY:

Each time you smile...

ALL:

...Only for now

KATE MONSTER:

It'll only last a while.

ALL:

...Only for now

PRINCETON:

Life may be scary...

ALL:

...Only for now

But it's only temporary

Ba-dum ba-dum

Ba-dum ba-dum

Ba dum ba-dum

Ba-da da da da

ba-da da-da da da-da

Ba-dum ba-da, ba-dum ba-da

ohhhh-

PRINCETON:

Everything in life is only for now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RJD Servant

Hi Louise

Sometimes we complicate a will of God for our lives and a commission we want to hear or have.

The simplist is to save the souls you know around you that are not in Christ and love them to the understanding of God throught the light of the Gospel you live.

Whether father of mother or sister or brother of friends find that door that you have before you to fulfill. Start there and one day when you least expect it your will find that you are walking in Gods will.

I came from Spirtitual home and new I had a call upon my life since I was 12 but to what.

When I married I taught Sunday Schools in any church I could. Played piano and sang, taught the youth group, huh taught womens ministries and I thought I would be doing this all my life.

I then found myself outside of the rehelm of church still living for Christ and I found new insight into the everyday will of God in living.

God in his time at the age of 50 started giving me stories to write and I am not a writer at all and allowed me to do something totally out of character for me but I have 100 stories just the meat of the stories so I have to find a Ghost writer or Co author. But I am now totally doing something I would have never chosen to do or ever imagined doing.

God will make a way in your life as you stay tuned to him and believe in his will to give you insight to what he desires you to do.

Many people take there talents and run with them thinking they are doing Gods will but God always chooses what is not heard of and make something out of that to make his Glory known.

He never leaves us or forsakes us. and when we can not hear from him just draw closer then ever and let the enemy know that he will not take the Love and time with God away from you. Give him your Will once again and it always removes the stone from Heaven. Put Praise tapes on to over come the silence you feel and challenge the battle of the enemy with Joy.

RJD Servant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

Hey Louise,

I know the difficulty of seeking out or pinpointing what God's will for one's life is. And even when I think I may have found it out, sometimes it seems God throws in His nifty little twists. Currently in my life, as a recent university grad looking for where God is leading me, I am in a place of having absolutely no clue what God's will for my life is, or where He is taking me in life. Yet I am okay with that... because God has taught me something on this journey...

It's that we need not know where the road goes in order to travel on it, nor do we need to know the destination for us to get there. But we need to dare step out into the unknown at times, trusting that our Guide will steer us with His gentle hand.

I believe there is a problem in the church today where people think they need to know exactly what God is calling them to do before they do anything, which is why there are so many people in the church who are doing nothing or who do very little. If you have a desire to please God and to bring glory to Him with your life, and you desire to obey His commandments, then do something, even if you do not know what God is calling you to do! Do something, and do it with a desire and mind and passion to please Him while doing it. Do it prayerfully seeking to hear God's voice as you go. And God will take your desires and your efforts and He will use them to turn you and direct you to fulfill the calling He has for you--He will close the doors that do not lead to where He desires you to be, and He will open the doors that will allow you to go down the path He has set before you. And as you go, as you live out a desire to please Him, He will reveal His will to you.

In this, remember Abraham. All God told him at the start of his journey was to go to a land that was promised to him... and Abraham went without knowing exactly where he was going or really knowing why he was going there--but he went with faith that God had purpose in it, and in time God revealed that purpose! And that is how it is with many of us...we know we are on a journey, and that God has something at the end of it, but we can't see it yet. We just have to take the steps in faith, with that desire to obey and please Him.

I pray blessings on you as you journey, that God will direct your steps, and that He will reveal to you His call on your life, and that awesome things will be accomplished through you in Christ Jesus' name!