• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come. Mark 13:8

Just imagine the devastation...imagine how many families will be destroyed....how many people will be seriously injured.....most of us have never experienced anything like this... https://www.christianpost.com/news/thousands-feared-dead-after-massive-earthquake-hits-haiti.html

As we get closer to the return of Jesus, more and more of these natural disasters are going to happen...

Haiti Earthquake 8:14:2921.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

37 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Just imagine the devastation...imagine how many families will be destroyed....how many people will be seriously injured.....most of us have never experienced anything like this... https://www.christianpost.com/news/thousands-feared-dead-after-massive-earthquake-hits-haiti.html

As we get closer to the return of Jesus, more and more of these natural disasters are going to happen...

Haiti Earthquake 8:14:2921.jpg

That is right. I don't know how much of this we will see before the Rapture of the Church and then the 7 year tribulation.

MissMuffet, when you say the RAPTURE, do you mean the 2nd coming of Jesus when He takes those the Christians to heaven?

12 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

MissMuffet, when you say the RAPTURE, do you mean the 2nd coming of Jesus when He takes those the Christians to heaven?

No, I am a pre tribulation believer. I believe that Jesus Christ will take all of those to heaven who are genuine born again believers before the 7 year tribulation. All those who enter the 7 year tribulation are not believers but many will come to Christ during the 7 year tribulation.

Revelation 3:10

Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Edited by missmuffet

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No, I am a pre tribulation believer. I believe that Jesus Christ will take all of those to heaven who are genuine born again believers before the 7 year tribulation. All those who enter the 7 year tribulation are not believers but many will come to Christ during the 7 year tribulation. 

I see...I don't find any support for the Bible in that teaching.  

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So you believe that you will be taken to Heaven and escape alot of the horrible things that are going to happen, correct?

Just now, Tammy Roesch said:

So you believe that you will be taken to Heaven and escape alot of the horrible things that are going to happen, correct?

That is what a person who is pretribulation believes. That is what reading the Bible literally tells me. 

6 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I see...I don't find any support for the Bible in that teaching.  

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

1 Corinthians 15:50-54

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

1 Corinthians 15:50-54

I love those passages.  Perhaps reading it from a different translation makes it easier to understand? 

The Coming of the Lord

1Th 4:13  And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope.

1Th 4:14  For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with Him the believers who have died.

1Th 4:15  We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet Him ahead of those who have died.

1Th 4:16  For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.

1Th 4:17  Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.

1Th 4:18  So encourage each other with these words.

1Co 15:50  What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

1Co 15:51  But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

1Co 15:52  It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

1Co 15:53  For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.

1Co 15:54  Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die [and our mortal bodies have been transformed into immortal bodies], this Scripture will be fulfilled: "Death is swallowed up in victory.

Both these passages are telling us that when people die, they are buried in the grave and stay there until Jesus comes back and resurrects them.  Paul clearly tells us that those who die DO NOT go to Heaven before those who are alive when Jesus returns...he says that those dead in the graves will be resurrected and they will rise up and meet Jesus in the air, along with those who didn't die, and all are taken to Heaven at the same time.  That is my understanding of those passages.  I so look forward to that day!