• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The answer is unequivicably no, you do not have to adhere to the doctrine of the Trinity in order to be saved. The Bible does not explicitly state or imply that your eternal salvation hinges upon the belief in the Trinity.

The factor of your salvation is Christ alone.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The answer is unequivicably no, you do not have to adhere to the doctrine of the Trinity in order to be saved.  The Bible does not explicitly state or imply that your eternal salvation hinges upon the belief in the Trinity. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He who does not have Christ does not have the Father, and vice versa. You cannot know Christ except by the Holy Spirit's leading. You MUST know ALL THREE PERSONS to know the ONE TRUE GOD.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The answer is unequivicably no, you do not have to adhere to the doctrine of the Trinity in order to be saved.  The Bible does not explicitly state or imply that your eternal salvation hinges upon the belief in the Trinity. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One must believe Jesus is God to be saved though, yes ? In effect you may be right that one doesn't have to say " I believe in the Trinty [ proper ] " BUT- the fact remains, you must believe and confess the Jesus is Lord in order to be saved. So in reality- yes, one must believe in the [ doctrine of the ] Trinity to be saved.

God bless,

Tim

The answer is unequivicably no, you do not have to adhere to the doctrine of the Trinity in order to be saved.

The answer is unequivicably no, you do not have to adhere to the doctrine of the Trinity in order to be saved.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He who does not have Christ does not have the Father, and vice versa. You cannot know Christ except by the Holy Spirit's leading. You MUST know ALL THREE PERSONS to know the ONE TRUE GOD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just proved my point by proxy. The factor of your salvation being Christ means that Christ brings with Him the Father and the Spirit. No one comes to the Father but through Christ, and it is through Christ that the Father and the Spirit reside within the believers (John 14). Since you cannot separate the Son from the Father or the Father from the Spirit, us being in the Son (and the Son in us) naturally implies an intimate fellowship with the entire Triune God.

When the question is asked, "Is belief in the Trinity essential to one's Salvation?" the answer must be no, for the belief in a flawed doctrinal explanation of a profound spiritual reality has absolutely nothing to do with genuine salvation. It only muddies the waters. In short, if you have Christ, you have the entire Triune God. There is no need for a belief or a confession.

I don't need to know how many essential vitamins or nutrients are in a glass of milk, nor do I need to believe in them for that glass of milk to benefit my body. My belief or unbelief in a glass of milk will not change the fact that it's going to do its work. Therefore, it's not essential. All I need to do for that glass of milk to benefit me is to drink it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(emphasis mine)

Well said. We shouldn't try to put G-d in a box.

The Apostles believed in the Trinity. Regardless of the terminology they used or the council declarations they lacked...they trusted in Yahweh, the Triune God who sent His only begotten Son to die for the sins of the world.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I haven't followed this thread because the Trinity is a doctrine which is unexplainable to the finite mind. My opinion is that it's not necessary for salvation because that statement is not found in the Bible. I can't imagine God expecting us to know something He didn't actually say...

But I've always wondered why we think that God is limited to only 3 forms? Surely He could be more if He wanted. Not that I think He is or has done that...but trying to define the essence of an immortal Creator seems like a vain excercise for mortal humans.

Ok...I'm done. Ya'll have fun