• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

re: Is belief in the Trinity essential to one's Salvation?

Snow

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Yes. :(

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

John 8:24

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Isaiah 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I don't see how either of those verses answer the question...

The apostles were told to baptise in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; Jesus doesn't say "but it only works if you believe that these are three persons but one God".

The doctrine of the Trinity wasn't even established until a couple of centuries after the apostles, because it had never been clarified. It isn't something clearly laid out anywhere in scripture.

It's a doctrine that appears to defy human logic - how can one be three? I think that when you dig deeper it does start to make more sense but I don't think anyone who struggles to understand or believe it is excluded from the Kingdom of God just because a particular switch isn't flipped in their brain.

All three divine persons definitely play an essential part in a person's salvation. I don't think that holding the "correct" beliefs about their nature and union does though. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Rom 10:9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

This is how to be saved.......... :noidea:

Some believe in the trinity and some believe in oneness. Whatever..........I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

.....I believe the 3 are one.......Is 9:6 For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Romans would have you believe in the Son, and make Him Lord and confess it with your mouth. It also has one to believe in the Father who raised Him from the Dead. If one does this one is exposed to the Spirit and will come to understand that the Spirit exists.

I do not believe that the description of the attributes of each are essenctual as some propose.

se

Guest netwattie

What if you have someone who never hears the gospel- i.e. lives in some remote place where they don't learn of Jesus or the holy spirit?

God makes every man without excuse on the day of judgment, showing himself through nature in his glorious creation.

Now if you acknowledge that you are sinful, and that god is perfect in this type of situation- then that should be enough. God has to give every person the opportunity to get to heaven. As long as someone recognises the concept of themselves being sinful, and god being perfect- and worshipping god for that- that should be enough.

But for those with the knowledge of the gospel- where the holy spirit comes in and dwells inside you when you receive christ- it is essential to know the role that God plays as sending his son Jesus as the payment for our sin- and the holy spirit as the comforter who came after Jesus ascended back into heaven.

The holy spirit enters us when we receive Christ- guaranteeing us a place in heaven- sealing us for the day of redemption.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

The apostles were told to baptise in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; Jesus doesn't say "but it only works if you believe that these are three persons but one God".

The doctrine of the Trinity wasn't even established until a couple of centuries after the apostles, because it had never been clarified. It isn't something clearly laid out anywhere in scripture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So does this mean you do not Believe Jesus is God? :noidea:

Guest Working4Christ

Despite what some may have you to believe, the fact of the matter is; it just isn't about -believing- it's about -what- you believe in.

The Bible teaches of all types of heresies, false teachers, and false Christs.

If you do not have a relationship with the Jesus of the Bible, then you will not be saved.

The Jesus in the Bible is the way, the truth, and the life, He alone is the one who stands before the Father on our behalf. You can not have a relationship with the Father until you come to the Son. After you come to the Son, and repent of your sinful past, you are sent the Counselor, who seals you as a new creation, and child of God.

All 3 are needed. Not one thing can be done without the other. They are in perfect harmony. Yet, there is only One True God, that is Yahweh, who reveals himself through the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Not 3 whats, but ONE what, and three whos!

The idea of the Trinity is not confusing, the formula is simply and evidenced all throughout the bible, 1+1+1 = 1

Our finite minds cannot comprehend a finite God. But we can see what He has said to us through His Word, and that is that there is One God, and we see that all three persons of the trinity are called God. This is the Godhead.

Jesus is not "a god" as the JW's would lead you to believe. If Jesus were just a "god" he would be in the company of sinful men, and Satan himself. If Jesus were not God Almighty, then the second commandment would be broken when Jesus said "no one comes to the Father but through me" putting Himself before the Father, thus breaking the second commandment, "you shall have no gods before me". But Jeus IS God, the same God that spoke to Moses!

Hope this helps!

:noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

You absolutely MUST believe in the Godhead to be saved. No ifs, ands, or buts. God will not compromise Who He is. If you seek after God...you will discover the Godhead (Trinity).