OneAccord

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

The doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses is incorrect. Much like when Paul visited Mars Hill and he pointed out to them the Lord by using their unknown god, sometimes we have to meet people where they are and try to reason with them. If we tell them the truth their blood will not be required at our hand. We need not argue...but prayerfully ask the Lord to give us the right words. Either they will receive it or reject it.

I once had a group of Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door very often. When I told them I was born again they seemed to try harder to convince me I was the one in error. One day I prayed before they came and asked the Lord to give me just the right scriptures. When two men came to my door the next time with the Watch Tower in hand and asked me if I would listen to them. I said, "Yes, if you will first listen to me and take a tract." They agreed, so I gave them the plan of salvation and a tract. One of the men became very beligerant, the other looked as if he was swayed, yet kept quiet. They walked off my porch and never came back again. I was glad I was no longer bothered by their constantly coming to my door, yet sad because I hoped that they would receive the truth. I prayed often for the one who looked as if he wanted to believe. I hope he gave his heart to Jesus.

Two very wonderful Christian women I know used to belong to the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Lord in His awesome ability to save brought them out and showed them the right way. Lets not bash these people, but pray for them and rejoice when we see some saved!! God is good! He is able to deliver from anything! Faith working by love is powerful.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

The doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses is incorrect. Much like when Paul visited Mars Hill and he pointed out to them the Lord by using their unknown god, sometimes we have to meet people where they are and try to reason with them. If we tell them the truth their blood will not be required at our hand. We need not argue...but prayerfully ask the Lord to give us the right words. Either they will receive it or reject it.

I once had a group of Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door very often. When I told them I was born again they seemed to try harder to convince me I was the one in error. One day I prayed before they came and asked the Lord to give me just the right scriptures. When two men came to my door the next time with the Watch Tower in hand and asked me if I would listen to them. I said, "Yes, if you will first listen to me and take a tract." They agreed, so I gave them the plan of salvation and a tract. One of the men became very beligerant, the other looked as if he was swayed, yet kept quiet. They walked off my porch and never came back again. I was glad I was no longer bothered by their constantly coming to my door, yet sad because I hoped that they would receive the truth. I prayed often for the one who looked as if he wanted to believe. I hope he gave his heart to Jesus.

Two very wonderful Christian women I know used to belong to the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Lord in His awesome ability to save brought them out and showed them the right way. Lets not bash these people, but pray for them and rejoice when we see some saved!! God is good! He is able to deliver from anything! Faith working by love is powerful.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shadow2b
It's very easy to become frustrated with people that we know are in error. I understand that,but when we are witnessing Jesus Christ to the lost, it's helpful to keep a level head, and stay in love. This is very important as I'm sure you all know. These people need Jesus! The only witness we've been giving them is a door slammed in their faces. I've been guilty of this.They hear all the snickers behind their backs, folks. Would you be interested in anything someone had to say if they treated you badly? What kind of "god" would you suppose them to serve? I'm not trying to upset anyone, here. We all need to be reminded from time to time to take care in these situations. We are saved by the grace of God, and through Him alone do we know the truth. It's not anything we've done ourselves, so we can't brag about it like we're "better" than they are. Jesus came to save the lost. It's not "us" and "them". I invited a young girl to these boards the other day , who is in a Jahovah's Witness church. If she decides to come, I hope she doesn't read some of these posts. :blink: God Bless you all, I hope I haven't made anyone angry.

TRUTH may be HARD at times yet it remains the TRUTH------whether or not it offends or convicts IT

remains.... GOD'S WORD WILLNOT RETURN VOID & will accomplish that whereunto HE sends it.......

GREAT insight sis......GOD-BLESS----------------------Gary-- :rofl:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Ho Hum... I live across the street from a Jehovah Witness. If they hold rank in their church, he must hold one. Every Thursday night and on Saturday mornings you can find most of the JW's from our community at his house! (Not kidding, either! :blink: )

I researched this data 'cuz my neighbor kept after me with his "message" & I needed to understand what I was up against.

I have never written a long post b4, get ready... here is one!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DO THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TEACH?

1. There is one God in one person

2. There is no Trinity

3. The Holy Spirit is a force, not alive

4. The Holy Spirit is God's impersonal active force

5. Jehovah's first creation was his 'only-begotten Son'. . . was used by Jehovah in creating all other things"

6. Jesus was Michael the archangel who became a man

7. Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh

8. Jesus did not rise from the dead in his physical body

9. Jesus was raised "not a human creature, but a spirit."

10. Jesus did not die on a cross but on a stake

11. Jesus returned to earth, invisibly, in 1914.

12. Jesus' ransom sacrifice did not include Adam

13. Their church is the self-proclaimed prophet of God

14. They claim to be the only channel of God's truth

15. Only their church members will be saved

16. Good works are necessary for salvation

17. The soul ceases to exist after death

18. There is no hell of fire where the wicked are punished

19. Only 144,000 Jehovah's Witness go to heaven

20. Blood transfusions are a sin

21. The Cross is a pagan symbol and should not be used

22. Salvation is by faith and what you do

23. It is possible to lose your salvation

24. The universe is billions of years old

25. Each of the 6 creative days of God in Genesis 1, was 7000 years long. Therefore, Man was created toward the end of 42,000 years of earth's preparation.

26. They also refuse to vote, salute the flag, sing the "Star Spangled Banner," or celebrate Christmas or birthdays. They are not allowed to serve in the armed forces.

There are four requirements for salvation as taught by JW

There are four requirements for salvation as taught by the Watchtower magazine of Feb. 15, 1983, p. 12. One of them deals with the Watchtower organization.

1. Jesus Christ identified a first requirement when he said in prayer to his Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3) Knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ includes knowledge of God

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Greetings in Christ! Helped me...was the kind of stuff I was looking for...but wanting a deeper understanding of..the greatest apologetist Revi Zacharius knows much about all religions and philosophies and uses that information against them in debate..using their own beliefs and taking the Truth of Gods Word as the pointng hand...and showng them their error...not bashing them on the heads with the Bible without explaining to them why so they can understand why they have been wrong all these years...that way there is no question in their heads...thats the heart of Apologetics...to debate on issues...if you do not know the issue you cannot deabte on it....Blessings...