• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I knew a guy that used to be a Jehovah's Witness. He had studied for years under them and had left them not too long before I met him. The people who had once been his close friends would no longer speak to him and he was fearful of them. We got into a discussion one day about his beliefs and as I listened my foot began to tap harder and faster. I couldn't take it anymore I was so angry. I yelled at him something like, "What??!! That is not right! I can't believe you believe that garbage!" Yeah, way to say it in love. :cool: I couldn't control myself and started telling him the truth or rather yelling it at him. Eventually we lost touch and then I ran into him again about a year or two later. He had begun attending a Christian church and was part of a contemporary Christian male singing group. I just wanted to share my story. It floored me, the things they believe. :rolleyes: -Passionate

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

LOL, :unsure: Sis...you're not alone. It's so easy to be frustrated by ignorance......

I used to get so angry with my mom because of her "loose morals" and I'd drop scriptures and evangelical videos on her - left and right.

Finally, I got the message! :cool:God has to convict a person of their wrong-doing.

That doesn't mean He doesn't use us to communicate but we are a mouth-piece only....Goes does the convicting.

It may seem to fall on deaf ears, :sleep: BUT.... the Holy Spirit has ways of working on the human heart...in HIS own time.

I'm beginning to see that in my own spouse....

We all want results but sometimes it takes time for the harvest . :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I have to confess that it;s really hard to carry on a civil discussion with these people. They usually end up in some kind of yelling match. But hey, one yelling match and they never visit your house again. I have heard from an ex-JW that they keep neighborhood tally lists. A positive door is labeled a sheep, where a negative door is labeled a goat! So I'm always a goat to the JW's. Oh well...ba-a-a-a-a-a-a... :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

I have come to love it when I am visited by the JWs or Mormons. It seems the Holy Spirit has just the right Words every time. I have never let them in the door, but have stood in it talking to them, all the while praying the Holy Spirit be my guide. I invariably point like an arrow to Jesus and believe me, it has never missed the mark yet. I have held them there for long periods of time extolling the virtues of my Lord. When they try to drift off I get excited about something Jesus has done or said and they are in for it again for several minutes. I've had people that almost RAN from my door, making all sorts of excuses to GET AWAY. I did not know about them "marking people as sheep or goats", so I wonder what they make of me? I don't criticize them, I just try to dip into their skull a little bit and extol the things they already know. I pray Jesus has made a difference in at least some of their lives.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

It's funny how protestants love to bash JWs and mormons.

They criticize them for "making up" their beliefs while they (somehow) don't realize they always keep making up beliefs according to "how they feel".

Anyway, it does not matter that there are "Henry VIII's anglicans" or "Joseph Smith's mormons" cause the truth will always prevail as promised by Jesus Christ himself.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

It's very easy to become frustrated with people that we know are in error. I understand that,but when we are witnessing Jesus Christ to the lost, it's helpful to keep a level head, and stay in love. This is very important as I'm sure you all know. These people need Jesus! The only witness we've been giving them is a door slammed in their faces. I've been guilty of this.They hear all the snickers behind their backs, folks. Would you be interested in anything someone had to say if they treated you badly? What kind of "god" would you suppose them to serve? I'm not trying to upset anyone, here. We all need to be reminded from time to time to take care in these situations. We are saved by the grace of God, and through Him alone do we know the truth. It's not anything we've done ourselves, so we can't brag about it like we're "better" than they are. Jesus came to save the lost. It's not "us" and "them". I invited a young girl to these boards the other day , who is in a Jahovah's Witness church. If she decides to come, I hope she doesn't read some of these posts. ;) God Bless you all, I hope I haven't made anyone angry.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

A good verse for the Jehovah witnesses is found in phil 2:10-11

"That at the name of Jesus..... and every tongue tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord"

this same use of the word Lord is translated Jehovah.

if you will notice they call Jesus little Lord aor little God andalways throwing this greek translation stuff at you well the greek here is translated Jehovah or God Almighty.

Praise the name of Jesus

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

The best things to do when talking to JW's is show them the following in THEIR OWN NWT...their 'per' version of the Holy Scriptures:

All the following until notification is given will be from Revelation of Jesus Christ:

1:8...ask them WHO is the Alpha and Omega and they will say "Jehovah God!" You agree with them.

22:13...ask them WHO is the Alpha and Omega, who is also the FIRST AND THE LAST and they will say "Jehovah God!" You agree with them.

1:17-18...BUT....before you show them the whole verse (in their NWT) stop them after you get to I am the FIRST AND THE LAST....ask them WHO is the FIRST AND THE LAST and they will say "Jehovah God!" You agree with them...

Going on through 1:17-18...."and the living one and I BECAME DEAD, but look! I am living forever..."

After the JW reads this, simple ask them when Jehovah God "became dead." You can use their perversion against them.

Also show them how nowhere does the Bible say that Jesus is actually Michael the Archangel. Show them how they need to read scripture PLUS literature from the Watchtower to form doctrine compatible with what they believe to be true.