• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

You may be able to turn you back on the Lord and go after other gods, but that requires a lot of deliberate effort. C.S. Lewis called the Holy Spirit 'the hound of heaven'. He is not about to let the blood of Christ - the Lord God, be shed in vain.

Salvation is NOT conditional except for what I have stated. I suggest you quit that school and study without the dogma and doctrines of mere men. Study for yourself. God is Good - ALL THE TIME.

Blessings!!

Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,086
  • Content Per Day:  9.73
  • Days Won:  149

Medications cover a very wide variety of chemicals that tend a wide variety of ailments. In addition some doctors in the US are more into the medication business than actually tending the problem in other ways.Let's just say pharmaceutical companies and doctors have a symbiotic relationship that can involve incentives to prescribe certain medications. For this reason I recommend you get multiple opinions from medical experts before going on any prescription. Opinions from experts in their narrow line of expertise, not the local doc who treats everything.

For me the goal is to find a solution WITHOUT a long term medication if at all possible with medication as a very last resort. Sometimes it's the lesser of two evils because the meds have their own set of side effects that can cause issues long term or short term. I believe most people here in the US to be over medicated. 

While I am not qualified to suggest whether or not you need these prescriptions, I will say it's probably worth an educated evaluation from several reliable medical sources to determine the outcome and suggest a healthy approach. I have always preferred doctors that leaned more toward self healing and holistic approaches. The only medications I usually take are short term meds designed to hold me over so my body can heal. I am on no long term meds at present. 

In our society 'happy pills' have become very common. Too common in my opinion. As an example, my wife is in the teaching profession and I know that many of her co workers felt they needed something to help them to keep it together, especially during the COVID crisis, so they are all on these medications. These pills are often prescribed to anyone who comes to a doctor and says they feel depressed and want to feel better. I personally believe that many who claim to have insurmountable mental problems could have coped without the drugs. The really bad thing about these meds is that to go off of them is similar to a drug user trying to break a Heroin or coke habit. If you felt depressed before the meds try going off of them after taking them two years. All of the dopamine goes away and there's nothing to replace it until your body re acclimates which could take some time. 

You may really need these pills because some people do.I would let medical professionals tell me that from multiple sources. If it were me, I would want to make SURE I needed them. If you do need them, then I would not try to go off of them.

Similar to the recent thread on addictions this is what you are dealing with if it is determined you don't need the meds and I think you will need outside help and be willing to do the work necessary to stop. Most chemically addicted people can't kick it without help and supervision.

No you won't go to hell for it. I have an uneasy feeling you might be telling yourself that if you won't go to hell for it you can still do it. If this is an addiction and not a necessary medical prescription, then the goal should be to get totally clean.

• Well Said! 1