• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What is love?

•    Pro 15:17 -> “Better is a dinner of vegetables where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred with it.”.

Better is a dinner of vegetables where love is, but what is love? This question seems simple to answer, specially considering what John said:

•    1Jn 4:16 -> “And we have known and believed the love that God has in us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.”.

Nevertheless, think in following episodes:

•    Deluge in Noah’s time;
•    Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah;
•    The wars enjoined by the Creator (for instance, 1Sam 15:1-3);
•    When Jesus called the Pharisees and Sadducees of hypocrites, serpents, offspring of vipers (Mat 23:33);
•    When Jesus overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the seats of those who sold doves (Mat 21:12).

In spite of this, the Creator keep on being “love”, “mercy”, “grace” and “justice”. How can we explain this? 

Somebody can say: the Creator did all of this because He loved His people who were suffering in virtue of the sin of the others (see, for instance, 2Pe 2:7). Nevertheless, think:

•    And if it were your son or daughter, for example, who went to the world of crime? Would you like to see him/her being punished or even dead?
•    And when you make a mistake (and you will make because only Jesus is perfect)? What do you prefer? Judgment or mercy?

The truth is that, when it is us or someone that we love, we cadge Jesus for mercy; when is someone else, we try to arouse the wrath in the God’s Lamb against them.

One thing is for sure: it’s important to live in love, as we can see below:

•    Php 2:1,2 -> “If there is therefore any encouragement in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any tendernesses and mercies, then fulfill my joy, that you may be like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord and of one mind.”
•    Psa 133:1 -> “A Song of degrees; of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!”.

Finally, have a nice day rejoicing in what seems to be picayune to the eyes of the world: 

•    Pro 17:1 -> “Better is a dry piece of bread, and quietness with it, than a house full of sacrifices with fighting”.

But above all, try to find out “what is love” so that you can love with Jesus’ love.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,048
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHAT  IS  LOVE -- IS  IT  WHAT  YOU  WANT  OR  WHAT  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  SAYS

JOHN 15:9  as  THE  FATHER  hath loved  ME  so have I loved you ---continue ye in  MY  love--

--15:10-- if you keep  MY  commandments you shall abide in MY love even as I have kept  MY  FATHERS  commandments and abide in  HIS  love

1 JOHN 2:9  he that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now 

--2:10-- he that loveth his brother abideth in the light and there is none occasion of stumbling in him

PSALM 119 130 the entrance of thy words giveth light it giveth understanding unto the simple 

PSALM 119:133  order my steps in thy word and let not any iniquity have dominion over me 

--119:134-- deliver me from the oppression of man so will I keep thy precepts

JOHN 14:14  if you shall ask anything in my name I will do it 

--14:15-- if you love me keep my commandments  

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

2 hours ago, steve morrow said:

WHAT  IS  LOVE -- IS  IT  WHAT  YOU  WANT  OR  WHAT  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  SAYS

JOHN 15:9  as  THE  FATHER  hath loved  ME  so have I loved you ---continue ye in  MY  love--

--15:10-- if you keep  MY  commandments you shall abide in MY love even as I have kept  MY  FATHERS  commandments and abide in  HIS  love

1 JOHN 2:9  he that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now 

--2:10-- he that loveth his brother abideth in the light and there is none occasion of stumbling in him

PSALM 119 130 the entrance of thy words giveth light it giveth understanding unto the simple 

PSALM 119:133  order my steps in thy word and let not any iniquity have dominion over me 

--119:134-- deliver me from the oppression of man so will I keep thy precepts

JOHN 14:14  if you shall ask anything in my name I will do it 

--14:15-- if you love me keep my commandments  

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

They said to each other, "Didn't our hearts burn inside us as he spoke to us on the road, opening up the Tanakh to us?" Luke 24:32 CJB

Edited by In Him
  • This is Worthy 1