• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I was sitting in the car reading a book,and it quoted this.

Very interesting.

Now. I am not all out for a vicious arguement.

I am just stating,that I thought it coincidental that I read this just after Hitch's "How Soon?" Topic.

Here it is:

I read

"While Christians for centuries have inticipated the return of Christ and deliverence from evil, Christ Himself warned that it is not for men toknow the day or the hour.

(look up Matt. 24:36)

To discourage datesetting, Jesus cautioned in Mark 13:13

" Take heed keep on the alert; for you do not know when the appointed time is."

In Acts 1:7 "It is not for you to know the times, or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority." ' ' '

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So......................I'm wondering if it was coincidence that when Hitch's Thread was closed by himself, I read that...... :thumbsup:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/17/1968

Very true Yomo!

However, Jesus did give us an idea when the time is near regarding his return to be near. Along with several OT Prophesies.

Ezekiel 38: 14-23

14Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it? 15And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: 16And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. 17Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? 18And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. 19For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; 20So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. 21And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man

Just a note:

Russia is Gog  since its the only logical country that Ezekiel emphasis three times as being the "Enemy from their uttermost north.  Ezek 38:6, 15 and 39:2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, while Gog has traditionally been believed to mean Russia, with the breakup of the Soviet Union, that really isn't necessarily true anymore.

From Genesis 10:2 we know the land of Magog (from which Gog is derived) are the desecendants of Japheth, who are traditionally though to have founded the Scythian Empire. While parts of the Scythian Empire are in present day Russia, The (now) independant countires of Georgia, Armenia and Azebaijan(a mostly Muslim nation) are also located in that region, as well as parts of Turkey and Iran.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see your point, but Russia now contains several independent countries that are no longer united. IE> USSR

Name in Bible TODAY

Persia Modern Iran and United Arab Republic

Cush (Ethiopia) 1st Son of Ham Black African Nations

Daniel 11:36-45 Many African Nations will be united and allied with Russia

Russian Force is called: King of the North

African (Cush) Force is called the King of the South

Put (Lybya) 3rd son of Ham Arabic Africaqn Nations

Gomer and All its Hordes Iron Curtain Countries

(Gomer is the eldest son of Japheth)

Gomer settled north of Black Sea and then spread south and westward

which would make it Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia and E Germany

Togarma and all its Hordes Southern Russia and Cossacks

Ezekiel 38:6 Northern nation and country sprung from Gomer abounding in HOrses and Mules : Central Asia

Ezekiel 38:7 Russan Ruler is to equip his confederates (countries I listed above) and assumes command. Then Ezekiel 38:7 Last war of all Nations.

Guest Big Dog

Shucks, nanner

I thought Gomer was located in Mayberry :emot-hug:

I think the real point is to be ready at all times, and to spend the effort on taking as many with us as possible.

Shucks, nanner

I thought Gomer was located in Mayberry :)

I think the real point is to be ready at all times, and to spend the effort on taking as many with us as possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:emot-hug:

Gog is the Country (Russia) and Magog is referring to a location (Asia)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

But beloved,do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day....2 Peter 3:8

It doesn't really matter when He's coming back. The only thing that matters is your relationship with God.

Just a thought.

It doesn't really matter when He's coming back. The only thing that matters is your relationship with God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen.

It does make me wonder why men try to "work it out", while Jesus Himself tells us not to. :thumbsup:

Oh well.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen.

It does make me wonder why men try to "work it out", while Jesus Himself tells us not to. :)

Oh well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quot

Ignorant arrogance.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

According to the Bible his return should have happend thousands of years ago. We either missed it or he desided none of us was worthy enough to enter heaven.

Jesus tells his listeners in Matt. 23:36 and 24:34 that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime.

In Matt 16:28