• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/17/1968

Ignorant arrogance.

No one knows the time or date of His coming, yet man still continues to try and prove God a liar.

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.  Matt.  24:36

There are passages that warn against this stuff. But man in his infinite wisdom won't be outdone. Even if it is God that he's going up against.

Ignorant arrogance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ignorant arrogance.

No one knows the time or date of His coming, yet man still continues to try and prove God a liar.

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.  Matt.  24:36

There are passages that warn against this stuff. But man in his infinite wisdom won't be outdone. Even if it is God that he's going up against.

Ignorant arrogance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhhh...thought you were calling ME names. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would never do that. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

:wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

He also said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power." In mark 9:1

When did God come in His power? Could it be talking about God ascending to Heaven. Notice it said there will be some here that will not taste death until they see the Kindgon of God has come into power and not say never die.

Once the rapture takes place, death will end for the Christians.

betty

• Group:  Junior Member

He also said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power." In mark 9:1

When did God come in His power?  Could it be talking about God ascending to Heaven.  Notice it said there will be some here that will not taste death until they see the Kindgon of God has come into power and  not say never die. 

betty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to Crosswalk.com and looked up commentary notes on Mark 9:1

Here it is:

9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There are some here of them that stand [by], who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God come with power1.

1. There are some here of them that stand [by], who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God come with power. The mention of his final coming suggested one nearer at hand which was to be accomplished during the life of most of those present, since none but Jesus himself and Judas were to die previous to that time. The kingdom was to come and likewise the King. The former coming was literal, the latter spiritual. Those who refer this expression to the transfiguration certainly err, for no visible kingdom was established at that time. The expression refers to the kingdom which was organized and set in motion on the Pentecost which followed the resurrection of Jesus. It was set up with power, because three thousand souls were converted the first day, Acts 2:41, and many other gospel triumphs speedily followed.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When did God come in His power?  Could it be talking about God ascending to Heaven.  Notice it said there will be some here that will not taste death until they see the Kindgon of God has come into power and  not say never die. 

betty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So either those people are still alive, or the kingdom of God has already come into power. Which is it??

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When did God come in His power?

• Group:  Junior Member

betty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to Crosswalk.com and looked up commentary notes on Mark 9:1

Here it is:

9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There are some here of them that stand [by], who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God come with power1.

1. There are some here of them that stand [by], who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God come with power. The mention of his final coming suggested one nearer at hand which was to be accomplished during the life of most of those present, since none but Jesus himself and Judas were to die previous to that time. The kingdom was to come and likewise the King. The former coming was literal, the latter spiritual. Those who refer this expression to the transfiguration certainly err, for no visible kingdom was established at that time. The expression refers to the kingdom which was organized and set in motion on the Pentecost which followed the resurrection of Jesus. It was set up with power, because three thousand souls were converted the first day, Acts 2:41, and many other gospel triumphs speedily followed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Skeptic I had already answered you. I guess you need more than one to confirm.

Thanks Phil for getting him straight!! Teamwork :noidea:

It helps to have a good study Bible handy :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>