MomBearTo4

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I recently decided to start reading through the entire set of Harvard Classics, thankfully available by download these days, and got to this statement by William Penn today, which seems like it could have been written yesterday. 

’T is very observable, if our Civil Rights are invaded or incroach’d upon, we are mightily touch’d, and fill every Place with our Resentment and Complaint; while we suffer our selves, our Better and Nobler Selves, to be the Property and Vassals of Sin, the worst of Invaders.

-- William Penn (1644–1718), in Some Fruits of Solitude

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,195
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, MomBearTo4 said:

I recently decided to start reading through the entire set of Harvard Classics, thankfully available by download these days, and got to this statement by William Penn today, which seems like it could have been written yesterday. 

’T is very observable, if our Civil Rights are invaded or incroach’d upon, we are mightily touch’d, and fill every Place with our Resentment and Complaint; while we suffer our selves, our Better and Nobler Selves, to be the Property and Vassals of Sin, the worst of Invaders.

-- William Penn (1644–1718), in Some Fruits of Solitude

I do prefer the older writers, to me, there seems to be more food therein, Penn being one…

Blessings, yes, it does seems truth has a way of keep presenting itself…

A fellow follower of His, Not me 

• Thanks 1