• Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.68
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord defends those who suffer;

he defends them in times of trouble.

Those who know the Lord trust him,

because he will not leave those who come to him.

Psalms 9:9-10

Suffering is the fire that God uses

to purify and strengthen us.

Our Daily Bread

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Of course but there is also this to consider, which is seen from Paul's perspective, "7  But to keep me from being puffed up with pride because of the many wonderful things I saw, I was given a painful physical ailment, which acts as Satan's messenger to beat me and keep me from being proud. 
8  Three times I prayed to the Lord about this and asked him to take it away. 
9  But his answer was: "My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak." I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me. 
10  I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."(Good News Bible.2 Cor 12:7-10)

In her Book( "what The Bible is all about" pp 476-477.Regal Books.California:1953.Print), Henrietta Mears writes, "Sometimes a 'thorn' is a warning to keep us from sin and failure.God proved to Paul that no matter what his weakness was, His strength was sufficient.A minister one day buried his only child...Through his tears, which would insist upon coursing down his cheeks , his eyes fell on these words: 'My grace is sufficient'.It seemed to read this way 'My grace Is sufficient.'

He wrote it that way on a card and hung it in front of his desk.He learned to know a God who is always present.Every word is important.

My- means God. Grace- unmerited favor.I bring Christ what I have, my sin.He brings me what He has-His righteousness.The exchange is made.He takes my sin and gives me His righteousness.This is grace, wonderful grace! IS - the present , always.

SUFFICIENT.- enough and to spare.' Our sufficiency is of God' (3:5)...We are satisfied with Jesus.Is He your personal comfort?God gives us unusual strength for unusual tasks.Paul says, 'When I am weak,then am I strong (12:10).There is strength and courage in the heart in which Christ is dwelling." 

Edited by Hands On
Add sources
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.68
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Thank you for your comprehensive explanation regarding "suffering". Blessings to you and yours this day...and always.