• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

1 Corinthians 10:1-33

Let me remind you my friends, that our [Spiritual] ancestors were all under the cloud and all of them passed through the Red sea, so they all received baptism into the fellowship of Moses in cloud and sea. They all ate and drank the same supernatural food and water, for they were nourished and guided by that supernatural Rock that accompanied their travels.

That Rock was Jesus Christ.

Yet, most of them were not accepted by God, for the wilderness was strewn with their corpses.

These events happened as warnings to us not to set our hearts on evil things, as they did. Do not be idolaters, like some of them – as scripture says: The people sat down to feast, then indulged in pagan revelry. Exodus 32:6.

Let us not commit fornication, some of them did and 23,000 died in one day.

Let us not put the Lord to the test, as some of them did; they were killed by snakes.

Do not grumble, as some of them did; they were killed by the destroying Angel.

All these things that happened to them were symbolic and were recorded as a warning for us, upon whom the end of the age has come. The Church age.

If you think you are standing firm, take care or you may fall. 1 Peter 4:12

So far, you have faced no trial beyond human endurance – God keeps faith and will not let you be tested beyond your powers, but when the test comes, He will at the same time, provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.  Isaiah 41:13

So then, my dear friends, have nothing to do with idolatry. I appeal to you as sensible people, form your own judgement on what I say. You may eat or drink, or do anything else, provided it is all done to the glory of God. Give no offence to Jews or Greeks, or to the church of God. Every faithful Christian, both Jew and Gentile.

For my part, I always try to be considerate to everyone, not seeking my own good, but the good of the many, so that they may be saved.

Follow my example, as I follow Christ’s.

Psalm 39:7-13 Now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You. Deliver me from all who do me wrong and make me no longer the butt of fools.        I was silent, I would not open my mouth, because it is Your doing. I am overcome by Your rebuke. Mankind is but a breath of wind, their wealth and desires melt away.       

Hear my prayer, Lord, listen to my cry for help. For I find shelter with You, I am but a passing guest, as my forefathers were. Look on me with favor, that I may rejoice again, before I depart and cease to be.

Ref: Paul’s Letter to the Corinthians, Revised English Bible, abridged.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Trust in His Deliverance……..Our Test by Fire: 

Ecclesiasticus 51:1-6 I shall give thanks to You, my Lord and King, I shall praise You as my Saviour, because You are my protector and helper. You rescue me from destruction, from the traps of my enemies – those who invent lies, those who wait to devour me. In the fullness of Your mercy, You rescue me from the hands that threaten my life, the many troubles that I endure, from the choking fire that envelopes me and from the grave.  

1 Peter 4:12, Isaiah 35:3-4, Psalms 11:5-6,  Psalms 97:10-12, Psalms 121:1-8, Isaiah 51:6, Habakkuk 3:13

Eccl. 51:7-10 On every side I was surrounded and there was no one to help. I looked for human aid and there was none. Then I remembered Your mercy, what You did in days long past. You deliver those who put their trust in You and free them from their enemies. Psalms 31:4-5, Psalms 34:19-22, Psalms 108:12-13

From the earth, I send up my prayer, begging to be rescued from death.

I cried: Lord God – You are my Father, do not abandon me in my time of trouble, when I am helpless in the face of arrogance. Isaiah 54:17, Joel 3:16, Psalms 34:17, Psalms 37:39-40, Psalms 62:1-8, Psalms 91:14-16

Eccl. 51:11-12 My petition was granted, now I shall praise You and make thanksgiving.     You saved me from destruction, bringing me out from my desperate plight, I shall bless the Name of the Lord.   Nahum 1:7, Zechariah 9:16, Isaiah 12:1-6

Eccl. 51:23-30 You that are uninformed, come to Me and listen to My instruction. Why lack knowledge and leave your thirst unquenched? Psalms 19:7, Isaiah 51:7-8

The Lord proclaims: Buy wisdom for yourself, without cost – it is not far from you. May you delight in the Lord’s mercy and never be ashamed of praising Him.    

Do your duty at this time and in His time, He will give you your reward.                                                                                           Reference: REB Apocrypha, some verses abridged.

Psalms 13:5, Psalms 37:5, Psalms 56:3-4, Psalms 62:8, Isaiah 30:15, Ezekiel 34:22-31

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 The work that each person does will, at the last be brought to light; the Day of judgement will expose it. For that Day dawns in fire and the fire will test the worth of each persons work. If anyone’s legacy survives, they will be rewarded, if the fire destroys it, they will have to bear the loss – yet they will escape with their life, though only by passing through the fire.       

Psalm 62:11-12 Two things God has spoken that I have learned: All power belongs to God and unfailing love is His, because You reward everyone according to what they have done.

James 1:12 Happy is the person who stands firm in time of trial. If you pass safely through the time of testing, you will receive as your reward the life which God has promised to those who love Him.       Ref: REB, NIV. Some verses abridged.

• Thumbs Up 1