• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

God is God. We are not. We are created in God's image and His likeness as His children in this earth. The devil was created an angel and he said he would be like God only to be cast out into the earth with no choice for redemption. But God created man like Himself, not as Himself, and then He provided for our choice for redemption through Jesus. And He gave us authority over the devil in His Name! Hallelujah!

1 John 3:[1] Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

God chooses all He that He does and He gave us the power to choose (like Him). We choose all that we do. We choose love or hate. We choose life or death. We choose God as Lord or the devil as lord. We choose the words we speak, just like God. 

Words spoken determined the earth and everything in it. God created all things by speaking words. And everything was given seed to reproduce after its own kind. Then God created man in His image and His likeness with dominion over everything created and told them to reproduce. 

It is a spiritual principle that governs this earth (like gravity, if you will). You don't see gravity, but you can see how it affects everything in the earth. Throw something up into the air and gravity beings to pull it down to the earth (immediately). It is a powerful spiritual law that regulates the natural. You can't see the life in a seed until after it is planted and grows. Spoken words are spiritual seeds and do likewise. They will produce a result (fruit). It is a powerful spiritual law that regulates the natural. We are not God (Who speaks and creates), but we are like Him (we speak and create).

Solomon, who is recorded as having been given wisdom by God, placed great emphasis on speaking words. I counted at least 154 out of a total of 915 verses in the book of Proverbs that specifically address words that are spoken. Below are only a few. I encourage you to seek it out for yourself. It can greatly benefit you. 

Proverbs 12:[14] A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.

Proverbs 13:[2] A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.
[3] He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.

Proverbs 18:[20] A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
[21] Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Moses had addressed this principle with Israel regarding their choice to obey or disobey and specifically mentions their words spoken.

Deuteronomy 30:[10] If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
[11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
[12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
[13] Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
[14] But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
[15] See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
[19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Paul notes Moses' instructions in the law to Israel (Old Covenant) and relates them to those in who exercise faith in Jesus (New Covenant).

Romans 10:[4] For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
[5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
[6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
[7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
[8] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
[10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (soteria).
[11] For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Peter also quotes (Old Covenant) scripture in his expounding on the importance of (New Covenant) believers keeping their tongues and lips from speaking evil (curses).

Psalm 34:[12] What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
[13] Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
[14] Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

1 Peter 3:[10] For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
[11] Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
[12] For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Jesus (New Covenant) placed emphasis on this principle in His response to the Pharisees' (Old Covenant) comments about Him. And He expounded on it even further by stating that words spoken will be used for or against men in the day of judgement. Words are spirit and come from the heart of men. Words are eternal.

Matthew 12:[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Consider these truths the next time you speak. God is God and we are like Him. He only speaks what He wants to come to pass. So should we. Shalom

Revelation 12:[10] And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
[11] And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You know...another member was asked not to spam this folder with dozens such "devotions" and he did...seems unfair that here you are doing the same thing unhindered.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Good call Patriot.  Makes you wonder.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 2/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

You know...another member was asked not to spam this folder with dozens such "devotions" and he did...seems unfair that here you are doing the same thing unhindered.

Not a devotion and not spam. It is a reminder that man has a unique position and responsibility in creation. Shalom

Mark 7:[16] If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

John 12:[49] For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
[50] And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Edited by branchesofHim