IGNORED

For I hear that there are divisions among you ...

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom everyone,

For 2000 years there have been divisions within the body of Messiah!  And Paul clearly instructs to watch for those who are seeking to cause divisions based on doctrine that was not of the Apostles and to avoid them.

Rom 16:17  I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. 

Rom 16:18  For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Later Jesus instructed His church and commended them in Revelation ...

Rev 2:2  “‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. 

Again Paul instructed the Corinthian church these words ...

2Co 11:13  For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 

2Co 11:14  And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 

2Co 11:15  So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds

So what should be done?  One asks ...

One must understand the difference between a false teacher ... and one that is caught in a false teaching.

For example in Galatians it says ...

Toward the False Teacher ...

Gal 1:6  I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 
Gal 1:7  not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 
Gal 1:8  But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 
Gal 1:9  As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. 
Gal 1:10  For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. 

Paul was rebuking the TEACHERS that were causing these Galatians to get caught in trying to justify their faith by the law.  However, his address to those caught under the "spell" he speaks differently.

Gal 4:8  But then, indeed, not knowing God, you served as slaves to those not by nature being gods. 
Gal 4:9  But now, knowing God, but rather are known by God, how do you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements to which you again desire to slave anew? 
Gal 4:10  You observe days and months and times and years. 
Gal 4:11  I fear for you, lest somehow I have labored among you in vain. 
Gal 4:12  Brothers, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as you. You have not injured me at all. 
Gal 4:13  But you know that through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel to you before, 
Gal 4:14  and you did not despise my temptation in my flesh, nor did you spurn it. But you received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus. 
Gal 4:15  What then was your blessedness? For I bear you record that, if you were able, plucking out your eyes, you would have given them to me. 
Gal 4:16  So then did I become your enemy speaking to you the truth? 
Gal 4:17  They are zealous for you, but not well. But they only desire to shut you out, that you be zealous to them. 
Gal 4:18  But it is good to be zealous always in a good thing, and not only in my being present with you. 
Gal 4:19  My children, for whom I again travail until Christ should be formed in you, 
Gal 4:20  even now I desired to be present with you, and to change my voice; for I am in doubt as to you. 

Gal 5:13  For, brothers, you were called to liberty. Only do not use the liberty for an opening to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Paul rebukes the teachers trying to corrupt his disciples.  However, he's trying to draw back those whom got caught in their error -- 

Gal 6:1  Brothers, if a man is overtaken in a fault, you the spiritual ones restore such a one in the spirit of meekness, considering yourself, lest you also be tempted.

So with every situation, and with every person -- is a difference in restoration.  Some are simply "false teachers" while others are merely caught up in a false doctrine.

So learn how to deal with each situation differently!

Remember, that Paul said divisions were necessary to prove amongst you who are GENUINE!

1Co 11:18  For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you. And I believe it in part, 

1Co 11:19  for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized.

Remember the Lord said that the TARES were GROWING with the WHEAT ...

Be blessed,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1