• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

15 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

Just to update you all. I was in an extreme state of anxiety last week, and a big part of that was the sense of being deceitful. God put it very strongly on my heart to be honest with the priest.

I went to meet him to sign some papers. Gave him a very short version of my testimony and told him that it wasn't the lifetime of being raised Catholic, nor the 15 years I went to Catholic school that I understood what the Gospel was, but at a Proetestant church.

He became quite alarmed and shut the door. 'What is this gospel that they have taught you? Have influenced you with?'.

So I just told him the Gospel, that Christ died for our sins and was raised on the third day, and this reconciled us with the Father so we can get to heaven. That we are then called to lead an obedient life, as laid out in the epistles. He instantly looked relieved and said 'ah, OK, that's pretty standard. Yes, that's not going to be a problem'.

He said he appreciated my honesty. I told him that I hadn't wanted to be honest but I was being obedient to God and that God wanted me to be straight with him. I also said that I just wanted Jesus and didn't like how Catholocism is full of so many distractions such as parying to Mary and the saints, and that the Bible says not to pray to the dead. He said 'ah, that's a common objection. Remember that everything emanates from Jesus'. I said I didn't like how Catholics said the Rosary rather than  read the Bible, and how the Bible is the real way to know God. He said that the Rosary is based on Jesus' life and death and didn't disagree when I said how vital Scripture is. In fact, he said that they run Bible studies that will be starting again in September and invited me to join. They are just finishing the book of Corinthians and why didn't I come along when they started up again? 

I said that while I had all of these objections, I did want to proceed with the Christening, if he was happy to do it. He was fine with it. 

I never quite said how the baptism was for show, because something inside of me feels connected to having the baby blessed. Maybe it does mean something to me. The thought of it not happening suddenly made me feel a little...disappointed.

We have had to postpone it until next month for logistical reasons but I finally feel at peace about it. 

Thanks for the advice and prayers.

I'm glad that went well, sister. Praise the Lord!

Don't worry yourself about RCC influence regarding your children. Remember that the Lord calls us, not man, and your children not only have plenty of time, but they also have the benefit of a faithful mother.

I wouldn't discourage you from visiting their bible studies. You should go! Who knows? Your witness may be used in unexpected ways. :)

• Thumbs Up 1