IGNORED

There is something in me that has kept me pure, And kept me distanced, And kept me from engaging in immoral, illicit behavior like all of my friends have and are probably still doing. This is a prayer, But a praise for the family I would not be able to

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

There is something in me that has kept me pure, And kept me distanced, And kept me from engaging in immoral, illicit behavior like all of my friends have and are probably still doing. This is a prayer, But a praise for the family I would not be able to feed or provide for in this current climate that we have become as a society, and as American culture in general. None of it is a praise, actually. None of this is a praise. Just, Something in me has steered me clear from illicit behavior, and illicit acts with peers and friends, and society in general. 

My mother said that if she were of dating age during the climate and the culture that I am living in, That she would have just pulled out of it altogether. It is completely what I have done. Aside from none of my interests ever indicating through words that they were or are ever interested back, I do praise God for giving me the spirit and the Holy Spirit to have convicted me to not engage in the type of {illicit,} behavior that all of my friends have been doing. I have been rejected, Denied, Not told the truth probably, Lied to probably, Pursued by undesirable men to me, And all the while even if none of that had happened, Let's say I did get in to a relationship..............................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It would have to be a courtship, not a dating relationship, A courtship, And how would I feed my family right now...............................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It is just me, No courtship, No family, No husband, No kids, No babies, Living with my parents and that is it......................................................,,,,,,,,, ,, And if it had been any different at this point, I would not be able to be feeding my children.................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :cry_smile:If this had been any different, It would not be not just me that I can't support right now. It would be my very own family. :cry_smile:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It would be great if churches would teach more on this. You'll get the list of don'ts when it comes to relationships, but never any guidance on what to do. Churches should be more active in teaching about courtship and Godly ways of connecting potential spouses. Singles in the church are too often just left to fend for themselves, almost as second-class citizens.

• Thumbs Up 1