Remaining static

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Based on an actual conversation I had with a christian couple. Their daughter who grew up in church with me  had married an unsaved man  and they had used the exact same arguement when I in passing mentioned about unequally yoked. I handt the the heart to tell them that she didnt live much like a christian when she was going to church and had married him when she stopped attending .

Another similar situation happened when I was speaking about homosexuality to another professed Christian. They fiercely attacked and found excuses to debunk all of the verses speaking against it going so far as to claim the bible said it was an abomination, not a sin. To them - abomination meant unnatural, not necessarily wrong. It bewildered me until in passing they later mentioned their eldest child was a lesbian and had moved in with her girlfriend.

A point made by a christian youtuber was this- When dealing with such issues, its important we as christians resolve to take a side regardless  ie purpose to stand with God and his word regardless  of what our loved ones are doing. Not doing so means we may slide over to a more permissive attitude

muslim 1.jpg

muslim 2.jpg

Edited by creativemechanic
  • Thumbs Up 1