IGNORED

Do Christians Still Have A Sinful Nature?

Rukkus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This is an article that is soon to be released on our website. I wanted to know if there is anything in it that is unbiblical . . .

Most Christians believe they still posses a fallen nature that is constantly warring against the nature of God in them. I am continually amazed at how adamant and forceful the Church is when it comes to this subject. I can hardly tune into the Christian radio station where I live without hearing this doctrine constantly being pounded over and over and over again. Christians say things like,

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Man, I have only read a few paragraphs of this article and already I have found a lot wrong with it. I don't have the time or energy to get into the things I found wrong with this article tonight, however. It's getting too late, and I'm tired. However, maybe you can chew on this for tonight: If we no longer have the sin nature, why do we still think about sin and commit acts of sin? And why did John write, "He who says that he has no sin is a liar, and the truth is not in him'? (rough paraphrase)?

This is an article that is soon to be released on our website. I wanted to know if there is anything in it that is unbiblical . . .

Most Christians believe they still posses a fallen nature that is constantly warring against the nature of God in them. I am continually amazed at how adamant and forceful the Church is when it comes to this subject. I can hardly tune into the Christian radio station where I live without hearing this doctrine constantly being pounded over and over and over again. Christians say things like,

For years I struggled and struggled with the sinful nature. And the more I fought it, the more it fought back. It was a continual battle that always left me with a sense of condemnation that God was disappointed with my efforts. But later on, when I finally decided to just simply look at what God

Guest shiloh357
Man, I have only read a few paragraphs of this article and already I have found a lot wrong with it.  I don't have the time or energy to get into the things I found wrong with this article tonight, however.  It's getting too late, and I'm tired. However, maybe you can chew on this for tonight:  If we no longer have the sin nature, why do we still think about sin and commit acts of sin?  And why did John write, "He who says that he has no sin is a liar, and the truth is not in him'? (rough paraphrase)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah it will take a while to untangle all of the misapplications of Scripture present in this online novel. There is A LOT wrong with it.

Yeah it will take a while to untangle all of the misapplications of Scripture present in this online novel.  There is A LOT wrong with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and there is also a lot of TRUTH with it. :emot-highfive:

Guest shiloh357
For years I struggled and struggled with the sinful nature. And the more I fought it, the more it fought back. It was a continual battle that always left me with a sense of condemnation that God was disappointed with my efforts. But later on, when I finally decided to just simply look at what God

Guest suzettebooyens

i also didn't read the whole paragraph, too much thinking for one day lol, but i did however read the first few paragraphs, and i do agree somewhat.

the whole thing of Jesus' crucifiction and the sweating blood is a whole new subject. I do believe that believers are no longer living under the law, if we did we would be judged by it and therefore die, i also believe that God tests the hearts of believers and thereby judge us, surely He knows when someone is only seeking own gain, and who really just loves Him for who He is.

i also believe that we must not except the whole "we still got sinful nature" thing, because i truely believe we shouldnt have it, to me the reason why we still sin is because we are not maturing, we tend to feed on only the nice things in the bible and not those things that we don't really want to hear, almost like children and vegetables, but the vegies will help to grow strong and healthy and i believe without any more sinning, but it is a process and involves self control until it becomes second nature.

does that make us perfect like Jesus? no, i don't think so, but it should make us grateful. what Jesus sacrificed for us can never compare to anything, and i don't think we quite clearly understand what physical, emotional and pshycological endurance He had to go through.

In summary, should we still sin? No, we should mature spiritually...

Guest shiloh357
also believe that we must not except the whole "we still got sinful nature" thing, because i truely believe we shouldnt have it, to me the reason why we still sin is because we are not maturing, we tend to feed on only the nice things in the bible and not those things that we don't really want to hear, almost like children and vegetables, but the vegies will help to grow strong and healthy and i believe without any more sinning, but it is a process and involves self control until it becomes second nature.

If we did not have a sin nature, then we would not need to feed on the Scriptures, the only thing in us would be capacity to do what is right. We would not need to renew our minds daily and daily offer ourselves as a living sacrifice.

We are commanded to live sanctified lives. If we do not have a sin nature, we would not have the capacity to sin, and would not need to be reminded or commanded to do what is right. We would have no choice but to do what pleases God. Implicit in every commandment is the acknowledgement of our capacity to do the opposite. Every commandment to practice righteousness implies our ability to commit sin.

Without a sin nature, we would not, as you say, feed on only the nice things in the Bible, since we would not need the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Rukkus: Thank you for your recent book! If someone can't keep it short, then it is obvious they do not have a clear idea of what they are talking about. Winston Churchill ran WWII on memos which would fit on 3X5 cards. Once you clarify your thought, you can do the same, and it will be much to your readers' relief.

I read the first few paragraphs and largely agree with you, although you seem--to me--to come across arrogant, and with an attitude of self-superiority, rather than pedagogic.

PS: Jesus did say to 'take up your cross daily;' the cross is clearly a 'crucifixion device.' So the idea of crucifying your flesh daily is certainly there. Can I have a $100?