IGNORED

The Spirit of Grief - Can you grieve over any loss?

Close_to_Jesus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hello friends!
Thanks for those who expressed concern about my father. He's out of t he hospital but he has a serious Staph infection so prayers are very appreciated!!

This week, we're talking about the Spirit of Grief (YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes). Grief isn't just the loss of a loved one. We can grieve over any number of things (finances, unfulfilled dreams, failed relationships, wrongs that have been committed against us, the loss of years, etc. If any of you are anywhere near my age, you know what I'm talking about when it comes to years! How many times do we long for times past. For some, that longing is a form of grief.
Grief should be for a season, not not a lifetime. When my grandmother, the dearest person in my life and the woman who raised me, died I grieved for her terribly for over TEN YEARS. I had so much guilt and sorrow. Thank God I found deliverance through Christ and I hope to share that with anyone who is hurting right now. Deliverance ministry is very near to my heart.

If you are experiencing grief in any form (and who isn't these days), give it a listen or share it with someone who is going through a loss.

God bless you wonderful people!

YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes

Edited by Close_to_Jesus
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You know it amazes me how we can grieve about something and not even know we are grieving!

Someone made a comment that grief only applies to the loss of a loved one, I disagree.  I myself have had to get ahold of myself grieving over lost years instead of standing on God's promises of beauty for ashes.  I believe we can grieve over the loss of just about anything (I grieved over KFC taking the Doublelicious off the menu, LOL KIDDING).

Please share your thoughts!

--Misty

"I Wanna Know!" Christian Podcast
YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes

• Close_to_Jesus changed the title to The Spirit of Grief - Can you grieve over any loss?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

3 hours ago, Close_to_Jesus said:

You know it amazes me how we can grieve about something and not even know we are grieving!

Someone made a comment that grief only applies to the loss of a loved one, I disagree.  I myself have had to get ahold of myself grieving over lost years instead of standing on God's promises of beauty for ashes.  I believe we can grieve over the loss of just about anything (I grieved over KFC taking the Doublelicious off the menu, LOL KIDDING).

Please share your thoughts!

--Misty

"I Wanna Know!" Christian Podcast
YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes

Hello Misty

I don't know if this comes under the spirit of grief or not, but during my tour of duty in Vietnam, I experienced traumatic loses that come back to my mind on the anniversary dates of those events. These are things that I have to battle every year. It leaves me battling depression, anxiety, and a few other emotions. And I cannot for the life of me, understand why I still have to deal with these issues year after year. As a disciple of Christ, I know I have the victory over these things, though I don't feel the victory. Along with the presence and promises of Jesus, I have a good support system with my wife and those in the church. I am in the middle of one of those anniversary dates even now as I am writing this, and I know that by the grace of God I will get through it. But the emotions will have to run their course I guess. At least that is the way it has been for the last 54 years. Anyway, I will stop here and sign off. Have a blessed evening.

Gary

Edited by bropro
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

20 minutes ago, bropro said:

Hello Misty

I don't know if this comes under the spirit of grief or not, but during my tour of duty in Vietnam, I experienced traumatic loses that come back to my mind on the anniversary dates of those events. These are things that I have to battle every year. It leaves me battling depression, anxiety, and a few other emotions. And I cannot for the life of me, understand why I still have to deal with these issues year after year. As a disciple of Christ, I know I have the victory over these things, though I don't feel the victory. Along with the presence and promises of Jesus, I have a good support system with my wife and those in the church. I am in the middle of one of those anniversary dates even now as I am writing this, and I know that by the grace of God I will get through it. But the emotions will have to run their course I guess. At least that is the way it has been for the last 54 years. Anyway, I will stop here and sign off. Have a blessed evening.

Gary

Memories, brother.

I face something similar. I live with those memories of what I have seen and heard, but take comfort in remembering what the Lord has promised to us: the day comes when those things will pass away. They only endure for as long as we remain on this earth. 

They make us who we are in the Lord. I suffer from bouts of recurring depression as well, but this doesn't reflect upon our relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ in any way. This is but a consequence of surviving dark times and remembering those who suffered; the Lord knows what we have faced and remembers that our frame is dust. 

There's nothing wrong with weeping, my friend. We cannot help but remember and so it's our place to endure until the night passes. May the Lord bless you, @bropro.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

2 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Memories, brother.

I face something similar. I live with those memories of what I have seen and heard, but take comfort in remembering what the Lord has promised to us: the day comes when those things will pass away. They only endure for as long as we remain on this earth. 

They make us who we are in the Lord. I suffer from bouts of recurring depression as well, but this doesn't reflect upon our relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ in any way. This is but a consequence of surviving dark times and remembering those who suffered; the Lord knows what we have faced and remembers that our frame is dust. 

There's nothing wrong with weeping, my friend. We cannot help but remember and so it's our place to endure until the night passes. May the Lord bless you, @bropro.

Thanks for the encouraging words. These things I go through may be a means that God uses to keep me humble. To remind me of how much I need Him, and to show me that w/o Him I can do nothing. I haven't mastered it yet, but I try to remember to count it all joy when I encounter various trials. I know that He can use all things to develop in me what He desires, and to refine things in me that need refining. Stay strong brother. 

Gary

Edited by bropro
  • Praise God! 1