Sparks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

Dr. Anthony Fauci acknowledges superiority of naturally acquired immunity relative to vaccine-acquired immunity, to the respiratory virus influenza, 10/11/2004, on C-SPAN's Washington Journal.  Clip is 45 seconds.

Anthony Fauci acknowledges superiority of naturally acquired immunity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

Dr. Anthony Fauci acknowledges superiority of naturally acquired immunity relative to vaccine-acquired immunity, to the respiratory virus influenza, 10/11/2004, on C-SPAN's Washington Journal.  Clip is 45 seconds.

If you get the flu you are immune to only that strain. There are several out there. I have gotten the flu one year and gotten the flu again the next year. Different strain. The quad flu vaccine that they give now has 4 strains. 

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If you get the flu you are immune to only that strain. There are several out there. I have gotten the flu one year and gotten the flu again the next year. Different strain. The quad flu vaccine that they give now has 4 strains. 

I think Dr. Fauci was making the point that the natural immunity acquired from catching the flu is superior to getting the flu vaccine.  Besides, there are 121 strains of the flu (11 H and 11 N), and the CDC's track record for guessing the right flu strain for a particular season has been abysmal. 

3 hours ago, Sparks said:

But it is a risk to subject yourself to the flu. Between 2010 and 2020 9 million people died from the flu. About 36,000 people die each year from the flu. With the vaccine having been around since the 1930's it is safe. You are protecting yourself, your loved ones and those around you. 

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

But it is a risk to subject yourself to the flu.

Nah.  My immune system is serving me well. 

If the CDC picks the wrong strain every year, then you have the same chances I have by using your own immune system if you run across that strain you are not vaccinated for.  Well, I say that but I don't actually believe it.  If you get the flu and survive it, I think your body will recognize other flu bugs.  I heard a virologist say this and I believe her.  There might be one strain out of the 121 that my body misses, but I will risk it.

24 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Nah.  My immune system is serving me well. 

If the CDC picks the wrong strain every year, then you have the same chances I have by using your own immune system if you run across that strain you are not vaccinated for.  Well, I say that but I don't actually believe it.  If you get the flu and survive it, I think your body will recognize other flu bugs.  I heard a virologist say this and I believe her.  There might be one strain out of the 121 that my body misses, but I will risk it.

Before the Covid vaccine came out the authorities were posting on the internet that the flu vaccine could keep you from getting Covid at least 50%. After the vaccine came out they took it off. There is no where in the internet now that you can find that information. The flu shot increases your immunity. 

If you survive the flu? Who wants to take that chance? That is like walking into a den with lions. But that is your choice. But a wise person should know the consequences of those choices. 

I am an old lady now and retired. I am very healthy and I have been getting the flu vaccination since 1990. The only side effect that any of us in our medical profession experienced from the flu shot was a sore arm. And that can be avoided by keeping your arm relaxed as they put the needle in your arm. 

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Before the Covid vaccine came out the authorities were posting on the internet that the flu vaccine could keep you from getting Covid at least 50%. After the vaccine came out they took it off. There is no where in the internet now that you can find that information. The flu shot increases your immunity.

I am not sure what you have said here.  There are 121 strains of influenza, 11 N and 11 H (11x11=121).  If you are vaccinated for 1 strain, you still have 12o others to worry about that are unprotected. 

I saw a recent report in which CDC said the Flu Vaccine was 30% effective, but later they had to admit just 9% effective.  9% is not worth the risk of contracting Guillain-Barré Syndrome, to me, and it's an abjectly failing grade for protection.

If you survive the flu? Who wants to take that chance? That is like walking into a den with lions. But that is your choice. But a wise person should know the consequences of those choices.

You make it sound like contracting the flu is instant death without a vaccine.  Most people easily survive the flu with their own immune system.  I admit older people are at higher risk of death.  Influenza and pneumonia combined is particularly deadly for the elderly.  If you want the flu shot, then by all means get one, but don't try to push me into getting one.  

I am an old lady now and retired. I am very healthy and I have been getting the flu vaccination since 1990. The only side effect that any of us in our medical profession experienced from the flu shot was a sore arm. And that can be avoided by keeping your arm relaxed as they put the needle in your arm. 

Have fun with it, then.  My suggestion is that you keep your ear to the ground for changes in the flu shot, though.  They are talking about making an mRNA version of the flu shot, which would be a game changer.  I would say make sure you know of it and not let them slip that in there.  But as always, if you want the gene therapy version of the flu shot, it's a personal choice, too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

I am not sure what you have said here.  There are 121 strains of influenza, 11 N and 11 H (11x11=121).  If you are vaccinated for 1 strain, you still have 12o others to worry about that are unprotected. 

I saw a recent report in which CDC said the Flu Vaccine was 30% effective, but later they had to admit just 9% effective.  9% is not worth the risk of contracting Guillain-Barré Syndrome, to me, and it's an abjectly failing grade for protection.

You make it sound like contracting the flu is instant death without a vaccine.  Most people easily survive the flu with their own immune system.  I admit older people are at higher risk of death.  Influenza and pneumonia combined is particularly deadly for the elderly.  If you want the flu shot, then by all means get one, but don't try to push me into getting one.  

Have fun with it, then.  My suggestion is that you keep your ear to the ground for changes in the flu shot, though.  They are talking about making an mRNA version of the flu shot, which would be a game changer.  I would say make sure you know of it and not let them slip that in there.  But as always, if you want the gene therapy version of the flu shot, it's a personal choice, too.

I second your writings re:the flu shot. Like you, I don’t receive the yearly jab either. I haven’t had flu for umpteen years, and I have a respiratory condition.

(I used to administer the flu shot as part of my job, but stopped doing so a couple of years ago).

• Thumbs Up 1