• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/6/2022 at 8:25 AM, Billiards Ball said:

He said YOU (others) should pray to OUR FATHER. Jesus prayed differently to HIS Father.

Jesus is God, you may pray to Him at will.

Good point. There is a distinction between his (Father John 1:14 / Hebrews 1:5) and our Father by direct creation (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / Luke 3:38) being the preincarnate Jesus.

And that we are only children of the Father of Jesus through adoption (Romans 8:15). A distinction Jesus also made in John 20:17. My Father and your Father My God and your God...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:06 PM, CaptWalker said:

I was just wondering why it seems i have always heard so many Christians praying directly to Jesus or calling out His Name and saying how much they love him, when the Lord's Prayer says we should only pray to the FATHER. But according to Philippians 2:9-11 praying to Jesus would seem perfectly fine and even the same as praying to the Father? So is it possible that He was only speaking to the disciples at that moment, and then later after He was crucified all that changed? I personally do still honor what He said and pray directly to the Father in Jesus name, but was just wondering if anyone else has felt different about this??

First of all, the "Lord's Prayer" is actually the disciple's prayer under Old Testament Law.

Jesus (preincarnate) is the lone Creator of all things in the beginning which he accomplished by himself (Isaiah 44:24 / John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16)  in the presence of the Father (1 John 1:1-2) and of the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1-2) whom the preincarnate Jesus was with in the beginning (John 1:1-2).

Jesus' Father (John 1:14 / Hebrews 10:5 / Hebrews 1:5) is our Father only through adoption (Romans 8:15) through faith in his actual Son Jesus.

While the disciple's prayer contained elements of the New Covenant (which was yet to come according to Hebrews 9:16-17), it was an Old Covenant Old Testament prayer. The biggest evidence is that of not being forgiven by the Heavenly Father unless we forgive everyone ourselves. That's a work. An Old Testament condition. New Testament grace is believe in Jesus Christ period (John 3:16-18 / Ephesians 2:8-10).

That being said, we are to pray to God.

God the Word (John 1:1-2)

God the Father (1 John 1:1-2)

God the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1-2)

The triune God (one God three individuals who are the one God) in three passages I nicknamed "The old One Two..."

Praying to anyone of which is praying to God.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Holy Spirit btw is God (Acts 5:3-4) and is in authority (John 14:26 / John 15:26 / Acts 13:2)

and is a person / individual / intelligent who can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30).

Who leads us to all truth (John 16:13) and who alone interprets the scriptures (2 Peter 1:20-21).

The Author of the Bible!