• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I am seeking the collective knowledge of you all, A question was ask of me , where is the age of accountability specified in God's word ?

Then, in our discussion, the subject of the mental ability of the one witnessed to, and how does that effect how we witness to a person like that ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The age of accountability is not specified in the word

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ ^ Best answer so far ^ ^

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

"For God so loved the World, that He gave his only bgotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

If a young one cannot make any choice........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Job. 3:12 Why did the knees prevent me? or why the breasts that I should suck? 13 For now should I have lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been at rest, 14 With kings and counsellors of the earth, which build desolate places for themselves; 15 Or with princes that had gold, who filled their houses with silver: 16 Or as an hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants which never saw light.

Job seemed to think that unborn children had rest. Now we know that sinners and the lost don't go to a place of rest...

Eccl. 6:3 If a man beget an hundred children, and live many years, so that the days of his years be many, and his soul be not filled with good, and also that he have no burial; I say, that an untimely birth is better than he. 4 For he cometh in with vanity, and departeth in darkness, and his name shall be covered with darkness. 5 Moreover he hath not seen the sun, nor known any thing: this hath more rest than the other.

Solomon basicly says an untimely birth has more rest than a sinner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You've lost me.

lol.

Can you explain your post simply? :24:

Us youngies can't understand some! :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just showing some scripture that I believe supports the idea of an "age of accountablity".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see. THanks.

Oved, by your post, I see you are against this idea?

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Against age of accountibility? Not as such. I just don't see that it's supported by Scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

WSB, EricH, Ovedya,

I'd like to get some opinions on the verse I cited in 1 Cor.

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

What do you think this means?

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Trust and Obey,

You have referred to Romans 2:12.

<Romans 2:12-16>

"For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel."

I think there are some people who know there is a God and may not have heard of Jesus Christ. Or maybe they don't know the whole story of His crucifixtion. But they believe there is a creator and they live their life as righteous as they can with the knowledge they have. When they have to make a choice, they choose not to sin because of their conscience.

There are many people that lived before the Law was given to Moses and many who lived before Christ manifested Himself as man on earth. God will judge these people according to the knowledge or light they had at the time.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Trust and Obey,

"For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel."

I think there are some people who know there is a God and may not have heard of Jesus Christ.  Or maybe they don't know the whole story of His crucifixtion.  But they believe there is a creator and they live their life as righteous as they can with the knowledge they have.  When they have to make a choice, they choose not to sin because of their conscience.

There are many people that lived before the Law was given to Moses and many who lived before Christ manifested Himself as man on earth.  God will judge these people according to the knowledge or light they had at the time.

In Christ,

CarolineS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That passage says simply that those who sin without the law will perish without the law. Meaning, sin is sin regardless of whether or not you knew. Like they say, ignorance is no excuse from obeying the law. Moreover, Paul said that they are without excuse because God has revealed Himself to all men through the creation.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

WSB, EricH, Ovedya,

I'd like to get some opinions on the verse I cited in 1 Cor.

1Co 7:14

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Trust and Obey,

I think there are some people who know there is a God and may not have heard of Jesus Christ.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't like the concept of the "age of accountability" for a number of reasons. First it is not biblical, but more importantly it may make faith a work. God creates faith, not by our willingness to believe or any deed or precondition on our part. Thus faith will be implanted and show itself at any age, from the pre-born to the person right before their death. It is a gift from God. We do have the power to reject this faith, to push God away, but that is all we can do, we cannot call God down to give us faith because somehow we are special because we believe.

Repentance is of course needed, but it is a lifelong process of repenting for our sins, we don't repent once, as we all battle the sins of the flesh, which do not leave us until after we die.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

God has mercy on the helplessly ignorant.

You think God on Judgement Day, is going to condemn a tiny baby, for not having the chance to repent from their......er........... (not having a chance to commit any)sin?

Hmmmm.......riiiiiiight. :whistling: