• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

Hi Guys.

I have always been very close to my mother. Hence, every time I think about God, I imagine a mother-figure who nurtures her children. Therefore, when the bible compares God to a mother it really resonates with me.

Isaiah 66:13 As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Galatians 4:19 My little children, for whom I am again in the anguish of childbirth until Christ is formed in you!

Deuteronomy 32:18 You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you, and you forgot the God who gave you birth.

What are your thoughts on it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

My comments are just that, thoughts, and I cannot prove them one way or another. With that said:

For whatever reason, few would dispute that mothers are much more nurturing than men. There is no need or reason for the spiritual realm to procreate; they were all created at one point and are immortal. No need to increase innumerable numbers.

Mark 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

This talks about the angels in heaven who did not rebel. It does not say they cannot, it says they do not. The fallen angels, on the other hand, might be a different story. Depending on the interpretation of Genesis 6:1-5, Peter & Jude’s comment, the book of Enoch, etc.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Without explaining this verse, I’ll just point out that men produce seed, and women do not. Every reference to the Lord and the heavenly host is always with masculine nouns and pronouns. Our Lord and Savior was born of the flesh as a male.

I suspect there is no gender identity in the spiritual realm. Using terms such as “mother earth” is an affront to God and His creation. There are stronger and weaker, with Adam created first and Eve as a help.

• Group:  Members

Disappointed at you @Selah7

Edited by Khaz

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Khaz said:

I have a hard time understanding what you mean.

Are you saying that women are weak? Are you saying that the Lord is a male with a penis and all that? Are you saying that Adam was better than Eve because he was created first?

You sound like a sexist misogynist. 

I usually would not respond to such an insult, but I’d like to make a particular case. You can use a fifty-cent word and not understand 6th-grade English?

If you lack understanding, I suggest you pause before hurling false accusations and insults. I do not understand how your imagination conjures up and twists the intent and meaning of my posting. There is nothing derogatory or negative said about women or intended. I respect and hold women higher than men in my manners and conduct.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. [Talking about Eve and saying another way; a help fit for him]

I referred to masculinity, the ways typical for men, and it is described that way for men, the spiritual host, and the Lord Himself. Men & women are created coequal, designed, and created for their specific functions, roles, tasks, and responsibilities. Women have strengths men do not generally possess.

Am I saying women are weak? In what context or comparative as you accuse? In all of history, when has there ever been a female Army battling against a male Army? It should be a no-brainer, wars are fought to win, and physically men are stronger than women overall.

Since you have my attention now: I do not want a 98-pound soaking wet female wearing heavy self-contained breathing apparatus, failing to drag my 200-pound plus body out of a burning house. From experience or off the battlefield to safety, who would, in the name of equal rights? Shall we discuss the lowering of qualification standards for women who want to compete with men and what that has produced?

Nuff said…

• Well Said! 2

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I usually would not respond to such an insult, but I’d like to make a particular case. You can use a fifty-cent word and not understand 6th-grade English?

If you lack understanding, I suggest you pause before hurling false accusations and insults. I do not understand how your imagination conjures up and twists the intent and meaning of my posting. There is nothing derogatory or negative said about women or intended. I respect and hold women higher than men in my manners and conduct.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. [Talking about Eve and saying another way; a help fit for him]

I referred to masculinity, the ways typical for men, and it is described that way for men, the spiritual host, and the Lord Himself. Men & women are created coequal, designed, and created for their specific functions, roles, tasks, and responsibilities. Women have strengths men do not generally possess.

Am I saying women are weak? In what context or comparative as you accuse? In all of history, when has there ever been a female Army battling against a male Army? It should be a no-brainer, wars are fought to win, and physically men are stronger than women overall.

Since you have my attention now: I do not want a 98-pound soaking wet female wearing heavy self-contained breathing apparatus, failing to drag my 200-pound plus body out of a burning house. From experience or off the battlefield to safety, who would, in the name of equal rights? Shall we discuss the lowering of qualification standards for women who want to compete with men and what that has produced?

Nuff said…

I really want to block you but I can't find a block button. Do me a favour and stop answering my questions, as I am not interested in any of your answers. I want you @Dennis1209 to stay away from me on this forum!

Edited by Khaz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

I've been sitting here for a while, beside myself. :rofl:

Well, okay, not literally sitting here beside myself. A figure of speech if you will. :laugh:

And that, my friends, is the heart of this topic. It's good that you shared scripture, @Khaz, but it's worth pointing out that some scripture is easily wrested by the clueless. Because scripture addresses spiritual matters, it is beyond the grasp of the natural man in this mind of flesh. 

God is my Father, but He also provided for me as a mother would. Indeed, I was born into a house of fear. My mother hated me fiercely and said that she would kill me if she wouldn't go to prison for the deed. She wished that I had never been born. 

My father wasn't much different, unleashing his rage upon us all when I was a small child. He hated us all --- my mother included --- and beat us without provocation. On account of this physical abuse, I lost the fear of pain. I became inured to it; this was how I coped with life under their roof. However, I could not become inured to the cries of my siblings. Their suffering tore me apart. 

Years later (I was a teenager), the Lord revealed His arm and so my father underwent the most astonishing transformation. It happened when he barged into my room after my mother goaded him into a furious rage; he was going to kill me. Therefore, I begged him to do it. Kill me, I said, because I would rather die than endure another day under your power. This had the effect of breaking my father and was the power of God revealed before my eyes for the first time in my life. 

The Lord redeemed my father and gave him to us all, so I cannot say that I never had a father in this life. He supported me when I cast everything aside to follow Jesus Christ. He understood. 

As for my mother? Over the years, the Lord sent many strong, elder women into my life. No matter where I was, He would send her my way. They loved me as their own son, looking after my needs and encouraging me to keep going even when everything seemed lost. These were widows who either outlived their own children or were forgotten/abandoned by them. Even so, the Lord never forgot them. I served these mothers with joy and love. 

I've shared the testimony of how the Lord sent me to a mountain wilderness where a woman, a widow who has cast out by her family and even her own children, lived in terror of her life. I protected her from wicked men and when the Lord delivered her from evil at last, I fell ill and began to wither away. I became bedridden, incapable of being the strong back she needed on her ranch, and one day she came to me and said, 

"I will never abandon you like your mother did. I will look after you until the end!"

She was the Lord's provision, Khaz, but it was much more than that. She willingly joined herself to the will of the Lord, so I understand where you're coming from. By looking after me, she was looking after Jesus Christ... what she did for me, she did for Him. I was a dead man in the end, but the Lord raised me up and returned me to her. When the Lord did this impossible thing, He said to me, 

Behold, your mother. Serve her as you serve Me; love her just as I love you.  

I call her my adopted mother but then, are we not the sons and daughters of God by adoption? We are! I get where you're coming from. :)

Edited by Marathoner
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I've been sitting here for a while, beside myself. :rofl:

Well, okay, not literally sitting here beside myself. A figure of speech if you will. :laugh:

And that, my friends, is the heart of this topic. It's good that you shared scripture, @Khaz, but it's worth pointing out that some scripture is easily wrested by the clueless. Because scripture addresses spiritual matters, it is beyond the grasp of the natural man in this mind of flesh. 

God is my Father, but He also provided for me as a mother would. Indeed, I was born into a house of fear. My mother hated me fiercely and said that she would kill me if she wouldn't go to prison for the deed. She wished that I had never been born. 

My father wasn't much different, unleashing his rage upon us all when I was a small child. He hated us all --- my mother included --- and beat us without provocation. On account of this physical abuse, I lost the fear of pain. I became inured to it; this was how I coped with life under their roof. However, I could not become inured to the cries of my siblings. Their suffering tore me apart. 

Years later (I was a teenager), the Lord revealed His arm and so my father underwent the most astonishing transformation. It happened when he barged into my room after my mother goaded him into a furious rage; he was going to kill me. Therefore, I begged him to do it. Kill me, I said, because I would rather die than endure another day under your power. This had the effect of breaking my father and was the power of God revealed before my eyes for the first time in my life. 

The Lord redeemed my father and gave him to us all, so I cannot say that I never had a father in this life. He supported me when I cast everything aside to follow Jesus Christ. He understood. 

As for my mother? Over the years, the Lord sent many strong, elder women into my life. No matter where I was, He would send her my way. They loved me as their own son, looking after my needs and encouraging me to keep going even when everything seemed lost. These were widows who either outlived their own children or were forgotten/abandoned by them. Even so, the Lord never forgot them. I served these mothers with joy and love. 

I've shared the testimony of how the Lord sent me to a mountain wilderness where a woman, a widow who has cast out by her family and even her own children, lived in terror of her life. I protected her from wicked men and when the Lord delivered her from evil at last, I fell ill and began to wither away. I became bedridden, incapable of being the strong back she needed on her ranch, and one day she came to me and said, 

"I will never abandon you like your mother did. I will look after you until the end!"

She was the Lord's provision, Khaz, but it was much more than that. She willingly joined herself to the will of the Lord, so I understand where you're coming from. By looking after me, she was looking after Jesus Christ... what she did for me, she did for Him. I was a dead man in the end, but the Lord raised me up and returned me to her. When the Lord did this impossible thing, He said to me, 

Behold, your mother. Serve her as you serve Me; love her just as I love you.  

I call her my adopted mother but then, are we not the sons and daughters of God by adoption? We are! I get where you're coming from. :)

I am sorry to hear your story. Many of us have been broken which lead us to the Lord. I have also seen lots of bad mothers out there - I won't give the honorable title of "mother" to such evil creatures though -  I would rather call them egg donors. But the bible clearly states that the Lord will never abandon us like our mother's did. The most high is the best parent that we could ever have.