IGNORED

Where does it say we have to speak to demons?

Guest Zayit

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

The first church that I belonged to was charasmatic and they taught us that when we were praying to bind demons that we should pray against the spirit of lust or the spirit of pride or the spirit of whatever the issue was. I don't recall using actual names though. :thumbsup:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first church that I belonged to was charasmatic and they taught us that when we were praying to bind demons that we should pray against the spirit of lust or the spirit of pride or the spirit of whatever the issue was. I don't recall using actual names though. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this kind of thing, what church taught you that? I didn't mean "names" per see, but like you said, the demon of lust or spirit, whatever you want to call it. And the binding part, where are we told to do that?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this kind of thing, what church taught you that? I didn't mean "names" per see, but like you said, the demon of lust or spirit, whatever you want to call it. And the binding part, where are we told to do that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matthew 12

29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Matthew 16

19 And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The church was affiliated with partners in harvest. They separated from vineyard ministries citing a change in direction.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Casting out demons definately is NOT my calling. Do I think there is a need for this...in some cases probably...in most cases no. We as humans are our own worst enemy most of the time, we can mess up really good all by ourselves.

My opinion when you start to blame a "demon" for all your mistakes then you may be missing the lesson the Lord wanted you to learn, you see it takes away your accountability.

Now about charismatic churches, I'm sorry but I don't think we should make a "blanket statement" about them. Yes I will admit that I have went to one where every trial you went through was a demon in your life, they never looked at it as the Lord trying to move you or refine you. On the other hand I went to another one and never once in the several months that I attended did I hear that demons were responsible for bad finances, a cold, cursing, weight gain or that toe stubbin' that broke your toe :):noidea:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Matthew 12

29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Matthew 16

19 And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The church was affiliated with partners in harvest. They separated from vineyard ministries citing a change in direction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those scriptures are misunderstood at the least and misused at the worst. Please read this site, it will help to understand what binding and loosing in Jewish terms really means. Binding and Loosing

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

No, I'm not.

What is it like?

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

No, I'm not.

What is it like?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I read it quite a long time ago...though I believed everything in it at the time, looking back it kinda had the focus in the wrong place. It made some good points about claiming our right to freedom and all...but a little too focused on the demonic, if you ask me. Truly, if you focus on loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind, you don't need to obsess over the realm ofthe demonic. A certain level of awareness of spiritual warfare is, of course, an excellent thing to keep...but don't obsess over it.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I know we don't need to know if there names are bob or frank or whatever, but sometimes in the Bible the person who is telling the demon he has to leave calls it by how it afflics the person:

Luke 5:6When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" 8For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!"

9Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"

"My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." 10And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

No, Legion wasn't what his mom called him, like my mom calls me Meredith. The spirit said "because we are many" A legion of soldiers, see?

Luke 9:25When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the evil[a] spirit. "You deaf and mute spirit," he said, "I command you, come out of him and never enter him again."

26The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, "He's dead." 27But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.

I don't understand why God calls it a "deaf and mute spirit" here. This kid was having seizures, right? He didn't say this to the the deaf and nearly mute man 2 chapters ago who had an evil spirit. But I don't think there is enough scriptual evidence that you have to know something about the demon- he serves the father of lies anyway.

Acts 16:16Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved." 18She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.

So here nobody cared to ask the name of the spirt, or what it did. It was apparently enough to tell it to leave in the name of Jesus, just like all the other examples in the Bible

Colors? That is weird. Yeah, there's an result of people being too focused on the power of God than God himself. I'm from America and if I see them, I'll tell them for you, yomo.