• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

The power of the tongue (Part 2) 

•    “There are those who speak like the thrusts of a sword, *but the tongue of the wise heals*.” (Pro 12:18)

The tongue of the wise, on the other hand, can bring healing, ken, light and food:

•    “The tongue of the just is as choice silver; the heart of the wicked is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many; but fools die for lack of wisdom.” (Pro 10:20)
•    “The lips of the righteous send forth knowledge, but the heart of the foolish is not so.” (Pro 15:7)
•    “And those who understand among the people shall teach many; yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by exile, and spoil, for days.” (Dan 11:33)
•    “And those who are wise shall shine as the brightness of the sky; and those who turn many to righteousness shall shine as the stars forever and ever.” (Dan 12:3).

Hence a faithful ambassador of Christ, as choice silver, to be health:

•    “A wicked messenger falls into mischief, but a faithful ambassador is health.” (Pro 13:17)

Or, if you prefer, a branch of the Tree of Life:

•    “In the midst of its street, and of the river, from here and from there, was the Tree of Life, which bore twelve fruits, each yielding its fruit according to one month. And the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.” (Rev 22:2)

See how important can be the words:

•    “Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.” (Pro 16:24)

Nevertheless, although pleasant words are good, we can’t overlook the verse below:

•    “And He had seven stars in His right hand, and out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword. And His face was like the sun shining in its strength.” (Rev 1:16)

And this sword is the own Jesus’ word:

•    “For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Heb 4:12)

His action can be seen below:

•    "For He makes sore, and binds up; He wounds, and His hands make whole." (Job 5:18).

That is to say, many times we need to minister words that, at first moment, can hurt, but afterwards, will yield salvation, as we can see below:

•    "For even if I grieved you in the letter, I do not regret; if indeed I did regret; for I see that that letter grieved you for an hour. Now I rejoice, not that you were grieved, but that you grieved to repentance. For you were grieved according to God, so that you might suffer loss by nothing in us. For the grief according to God works repentance to salvation, not to be regretted, but the grief of the world works out death." (2Co 7:8-10).

So, have a good day saying pleasant words (see Col 4:6), that is to say, words that uncover the iniquity, in order to turn away the captivity of Ha-Satan in the life of people around you (Lam 2:14). After if they hear the Truth, it can be that they  turn from their evil way and from their evil doings (Jer 23:22) and, thus, experience the good, pleasant and perfect will of the Creator (Rom 12:2).