• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

The tongue and our time of permanence.

Many times, we let us to be caught for the same thing that the wicked fear. However, it is good to recall that the fear of man brings a snare to our soul (Prov 29:25):

•    “Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: *preserve my life from fear of the enemy*.” (Psa 64:1).

Hence Isaiah to say: 

•    “Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; *neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid*.” (Isa 8:12).

Perhaps you are asking: “what kind of snare the human fear can bring to us?” See below:

•    “Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the *workers of iniquity*: who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words: that they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.” (Psa 64:2-4).

When we are angry at someone, we tend to make use of words (this when we don’t employ brute force) to shoot against their heart. Even if they deserve the evil, recollect what Jesus said: “…for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.” (Mat 26:52). And Paul completed saying that everything that the man sow, this he will reap (Gal 6:7).

And can you be sure that Jesus is seeing everything!

•    “They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?” (Psa 64:5)

Therefore, be wise and sturdy only for what is good. Don’t teach your tongue to speak lies, nor weary yourself commit iniquity (Jer 9:5): 

•    “They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.” (Psa 64:6)

Remember what Isaiah prophesied:

•    “The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. *Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?*  He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, *that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil* ;” (Isa 33:14,15).

Besides, see what it happens to those whom misuse their tongue:

•    “But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.” (Psa 64:7)
•    “The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.” (Pro 12:19).

So, if you pine for a good week and long for being established, not only for a moment, but forever, use your tongue only to say the Truth, that is to say, what you heard of Jesus (see Jer 23:22). Maybe you ask: “but, and if Jesus doesn’t speak to me?”.

In this case, make amends with Jesus urgently (repent and convert to Him – see 1Sam 14:37,38) because only His Word can bring salvation and make things really to happen. 

Don’t conform yourself in not hearing Jesus’ voice! This isn’t normal! Stay in Jesus and His grace and peace. Good day.