• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  800
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/02/1973

Passages that speak of baptismal regeneration.

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

1Pe 3:20, Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pe 3:21, The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Mar 16:16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Rom 6:3, Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4, Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5, For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Edited by heartwashed3

The following passage teaches us that water baptism apart from "the faith of the operation of God" is merely getting wet and will avail a man nothing.

Col 2:10, And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11, In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Col 2:12, Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Col 2:13, And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

In order for baptism to be valid and salvational, it must be a true confession of Jesus Christ before men (Matthew 10:32, Luke 12:8).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/24/2022 at 2:07 AM, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

My belief is, we need to be baptised in the Spirit / birthed/ regenerated, before any water baptism takes place, Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

I was immersed in water at my baptism, when I was a newborn, I went ahead with everyone else at my church, ..water certainly didn’t birth me into Christ, only God can birth you in the Spirit...that is my belief 100%.

Water does not bring you to,Godly sorrow or repentance, only God can bring you to those, which stands to reason when you think about, we were chosen to become Sons/ daughters of God, by the Master Himself.in our mothers womb he formed and knew us, “ INCREDIBLE “ How would anyone also know what water baptism represents in the bible, without being birthed in the Spirit, of course you may understand it in you human understanding  ..I wouldn’t of had a clue, but then I had never read any bible, when I was birthed in the Spirit from above.

You can read a bible, but you need that heart revelation from God to understand it in the Spirit.

Much of the bible I don’t understand, much I do, but it is all taught to me through the Spirit of God..because I’m born again and belong to God.

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Acts 2.41 indeed says that 'they that gladly received his word were baptized'.

They were not baptized in order supposedly to become believers; they were baptized as a symbol of the fact that they already were believers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Hosea 6:6 (NKJV) - For I desire mercy and not sacrifice...

5 hours ago, farouk said:

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Acts 2.41 indeed says that 'they that gladly received his word were baptized'.

They were not baptized in order supposedly to become believers; they were baptized as a symbol of the fact that they already were believers.

Hi @farouk.

Most assuredly, they were baptized in order to shew forth the fact that genuine repentance was already in their hearts.

But I think, that if you accept that the kjv is the word of God, that you have to also accept its testimony that they were baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins."

Edited by heartwashed3

1 hour ago, kenny2212 said:

Hosea 6:6 (NKJV) - For I desire mercy and not sacrifice...

My favorite verse in Hosea is 14:2...

Hos 14:2, Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.

39 minutes ago, heartwashed3 said:

Hi @farouk.

Most assuredly, they were baptized in order to shew forth the fact that genuine repentance was already in their hearts.

But I think, that if you accept that the kjv is the word of God, that you have to also accept its testimony that they were baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins."

For= on account of, rather than, in order to obtain....

13 minutes ago, farouk said:

For= on account of, rather than, in order to obtain....

As I said, you have to reject that the kjv is the word of God in order to reject its rendering of this passage, as you seem to have also done.

It says "for" which means plainly, "in order to obtain".

If the author had meant "on account of" it would have been translated as that.

Edited by heartwashed3

Act 15:18, Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

(including the kjv)

32 minutes ago, heartwashed3 said:

As I said, you have to reject that the kjv is the word of God in order to reject its rendering of this passage, as you seem to have also done.

It says "for" which means plainly, "in order to obtain".

If the author had meant "on account of" it would have been translated as that.

I appreciate the KJV, but am not KJV Only.

The underlying Greek does not give the sense, in order to obtain.

There is no sense in continuing with this going back and forth.