• Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Judah Rules, Supplanting Birthright

1 Chronicles 5:

1 Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel—he was indeed the firstborn,

but because he defiled his father’s bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph,

the son of Israel, so that the genealogy is not listed according to the birthright;

2 yet Judah prevailed over his brothers, and from him came a ruler,

although the birthright was Joseph’s—

Judah first to recognize David as King

2 Samuel 2:4 And the men of Judah came,

and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah.

11 And the time that David was king in Hebron over

the house of Judah was seven years and six months.

David Accepts His Election

1 Chronicles 28:4 However the Lord God of Israel chose me above all the house of my father

to be king over Israel forever, for He has chosen Judah to be the ruler.

And of the house of Judah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father,

He was pleased with me to make me king over all Israel. 

Judah: Prepare The Throne of the Lord

Jeremiah 3:

17 At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it,

to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.

18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together

out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers.

For Renown, For Praise, and For Glory

Jeremiah 13:8-11 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,  Thus says the Lord:

In this manner I will ruin the pride of Judah and the great pride of Jerusalem. These evil people,

who refuse to hear My words, who follow the dictates of their hearts, and walk after other gods

to serve them and worship them, shall be just like this sash which is profitable for nothing. 

For as the sash clings to the waist of a man, so I have caused the whole house of Israel

and the whole house of Judah to cling to Me, says the Lord, that they may become My people,

for renown, for praise, and for glory;

but they would not hear.

The Branch of Righteousness Unto David

Jeremiah 33:14-16 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which

I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. In those days, and at that time,

will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute

judgment and righteousness in the land. In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely:

and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.

A Remnant out of Zion

2 Kings 19:

30 And the remnant that escaped from the house of Judah shall yet again take root downward,

and bear fruit upward.

31 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion:

the zeal of the Lord of hosts shall do this.