• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

3 minutes ago, 90kjw90 said:

Jesus was showing that if one is doing something wrong--stop it. Nothing is worth missing out on entrance into Gods kingdom.

I think especially back then if one cut off his hand or both he would bleed to death which might equate to suicide. I feel sure Jesus did not want that. I think in those verses I posted he is trying to save the body of Church. If the eye represents vision then that may fall on the Pastor. the right hand may be the Sunday School Director and so on.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, 90kjw90 said:

All sin, some practice sin even though they know it is sin. Hebrews 10:26 teaches--there is no sacrifice left for those who practice a sin and know it is sin. There will be no excuse for not knowing what is sin. The bible teaches it clearly.

So i do not think i am better than others, all sin.

For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
— Hebrews 10:26

The context of the Epistle to the Hebrews is heavy persecution (sort of like ISIS tagging your door.) So these Jewish Christians were tempted to turn back to Moses and the law, while abandoning faith in Jesus Christ.

The author of the epistle wants to remind them that in Christ stands better promises, a better covenant, a better sacrifice etc.

The sin in question in v.26 is turning away from Christ and His sacrifice to escape persecution (denying Christ) not committing other sins which are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.

If one denies Jesus what sacrifice for their sins will they have? Bulls and goats?

Edited by chesed
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, 90kjw90 said:

Peter looked strong, but out of fear of men denied Jesus 3 x even after all the miracles he witnessed. He stood back up quickly though and gained strength. Not all do.

The difference with Peter is he had not witnessed the resurrection nor had yet received the power of the Holy Spirit …

but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
— Acts 1:8

Edited by chesed
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

4 hours ago, chesed said:

For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
— Hebrews 10:26

The context of the Epistle to the Hebrews is heavy persecution (sort of like ISIS tagging your door.) So these Jewish Christians were tempted to turn back to Moses and the law, while abandoning faith in Jesus Christ.

The author of the epistle wants to remind them that in Christ stands better promises, a better covenant, a better sacrifice etc.

The sin in question in v.26 is turning away from Christ and His sacrifice to escape persecution (denying Christ) not committing other sins which are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.

If one denies Jesus what sacrifice for their sins will they have? Bulls and goats?

1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21 2 lists of unacceptable sins, both spots teach--will not enter Gods kingdom.

there are 4 different Jesus' being taught in the world, only 1 is the correct one.

4 hours ago, chesed said:

The difference with Peter is he had not witnessed the resurrection no had yet received the power of the Holy Spirit …

but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
— Acts 1:8

Many through the bible had holy spirit guiding them. Even in the OT. So i would say Peter had holy spirit. 

Any can fall, the important thing is to stand back up.

David Gods anointed spiritual king did what he did with Bathsheba and sent her husband to his death-a sin to be stoned to death for, but he repented and stood back up.

Edited by 90kjw90

1 hour ago, 90kjw90 said:

Many through the bible had holy spirit guiding them. Even in the OT. So i would say Peter had holy spirit. 

David Gods anointed spiritual king did what he did with Bathsheba and sent her husband to his death-a sin to be stoned to death for, but he repented and stood back up.

John 7:39 KJV
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given ; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

I'll go with Scripture.

13 hours ago, 90kjw90 said:

1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21 2 lists of unacceptable sins, both spots teach--will not enter Gods kingdom.

there are 4 different Jesus' being taught in the world, only 1 is the correct one.

Let me ask you, how perfect must you be to enter the Kingdom?

Or, when do you begin thanking Jesus for the wondrous salvation He has bestowed upon us?

13 hours ago, 90kjw90 said:

Select few had the Holy Spirit in the OT but personally I don’t believe any were born again. Like I said, Jesus told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they received power from the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8 (You ignored that verse).

“Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
— Jeremiah 31:31-34

Are you living under the old covenant or the new?

17 hours ago, chesed said:

John 7:39 KJV
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given ; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

I'll go with Scripture.

2Samuel 23:2-- they had it in the OT.

5 hours ago, chesed said:

Let me ask you, how perfect must you be to enter the Kingdom?

Or, when do you begin thanking Jesus for the wondrous salvation He has bestowed upon us?

1Timothy 6:14--1Peter 1:19--2Peter 3:14= spotless--means have washed their robes white( righteous)Rev 7:14