IGNORED

We All Have A Choice To Make; Either Follow JESUS Or Suffer The Consequences Of Rejecting Him. II Peter 3;3-7

MizKJVOnly

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  935
  • Topics Per Day:  0.73
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Days Won:  0

We All Have A Choice To Make; Either Follow JESUS Or Suffer The Consequences Of Rejecting Him. II Peter 3;3-7

II Peter 3;3-7

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto Fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

II Peter 3:10-12

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Matthew 4:17

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mark 1:15

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 5:32

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 15:7

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 24:47

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 3:19

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

II Corinthians 7:10

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Luke 9:23

And He said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

John 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of Life.

John 12:26

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

AMEN

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

3 minutes ago, MizKJVOnly said:

II Peter 3;3-7

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto Fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

II Peter 3:10-12

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Matthew 4:17

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mark 1:15

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 5:32

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 15:7

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 24:47

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 3:19

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

II Corinthians 7:10

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Luke 9:23

And He said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

John 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of Life.

John 12:26

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

AMEN

imo two choices; He left the Old Covenant in place and created the New Covenant. There is no other choices

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,016
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

31 minutes ago, coheir said:

imo two choices; He left the Old Covenant in place and created the New Covenant. There is no other choices

What about those who choose neither?

And you haven't provided Scripture to support your opinion, @coheir

These two passages from Hebrews should be read together as they address the immaturity of those who were clinging to the OT, not willing to build on the foundation provided.

Heb 5:8-14
(8)  Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered.
(9)  And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him
(10)  and was designated by God as high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
(11)  We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain, because you are dull of hearing.
(12)  Although by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to reteach you the basic principles of God’s word. You need milk, not solid food!
(13)  For everyone who lives on milk is still an infant, inexperienced in the message of righteousness.
(14)  But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained their senses to distinguish good from evil.
Heb 6:1-12
(1)  Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith in God,
(2)  instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

(3)  And this we will do, if God permits.
(4)  It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
(5)  who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age—
(6)  and then have fallen away—to be restored to repentance, because they themselves are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to open shame.
(7)  For land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is tended receives the blessing of God.
(8)  But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless, and its curse is imminent. In the end it will be burned.
(9)  Even though we speak like this, beloved, we are convinced of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation.
(10)  For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so.
(11)  We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
(12)  Then you will not be sluggish, but will imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/23/2023 at 5:38 PM, coheir said:

@coheir Interesting that in Hebrews 7.12 it says the law was changed, and in Hebrews 7.19 it says that what we now have is better than the law.

1 hour ago, farouk said:

@coheir Interesting that in Hebrews 7.12 it says the law was changed, and in Hebrews 7.19 it says that what we now have is better than the law.

Just now I'm doing a deep dive into Hebrews 7:28 and the salient point it makes is that while the Law was limited, God's Word is eternal, which is particularly evident in God's declaration establishing the perfect priesthood of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, farouk said:

I agree with you as a NC follower. God, in my uneducated opinion  left the OC in place for those who did not accept the NC. So there are 3 choices OC or NC or be a non believer. Best choice is NC. I guess I was not very clear in last post, sorry.

On 1/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, Michael37 said:

What about those who choose neither?

And you haven't provided Scripture to support your opinion, @coheir

These two passages from Hebrews should be read together as they address the immaturity of those who were clinging to the OT, not willing to build on the foundation provided.

Heb 5:8-14
(8)  Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered.
(9)  And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him
(10)  and was designated by God as high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
(11)  We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain, because you are dull of hearing.
(12)  Although by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to reteach you the basic principles of God’s word. You need milk, not solid food!
(13)  For everyone who lives on milk is still an infant, inexperienced in the message of righteousness.
(14)  But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained their senses to distinguish good from evil.
Heb 6:1-12
(1)  Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith in God,
(2)  instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

(3)  And this we will do, if God permits.
(4)  It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
(5)  who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age—
(6)  and then have fallen away—to be restored to repentance, because they themselves are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to open shame.
(7)  For land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is tended receives the blessing of God.
(8)  But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless, and its curse is imminent. In the end it will be burned.
(9)  Even though we speak like this, beloved, we are convinced of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation.
(10)  For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so.
(11)  We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
(12)  Then you will not be sluggish, but will imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

I was not clear in my post, sorry. I see three options OC or NC or non believer.

There there are many instances of God taking back backsliders into His fold.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, coheir said:

I agree with you as a NC follower. God, in my uneducated opinion  left the OC in place for those who did not accept the NC. So there are 3 choices OC or NC or be a non believer. Best choice is NC. I guess I was not very clear in last post, sorry.

Can you explain what you mean when you say God left the Old Covenant in place.

I agree that as a guardian it HAD its place, and that its lessons provide edifying examples, but as a means of obtaining righteousness it has no place now.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Can you explain what you mean when you say God left the Old Covenant in place.

I agree that as a guardian it HAD its place, and that its lessons provide edifying examples, but as a means of obtaining righteousness it has no place now.

Thanks in advance.

Jesus and The Father both knew that there would be some in Israel that would not accept Jesus as The Messiah or the New Covenant.  Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant and Old Law rather than abolishing it. When Paul says in Eph 2:15 that the Old Covenant and the Ten Commandments were abolished; I think he meant it was abolished for use in the New Covenant rather than just Abolished as the word usually means. Paul may have had trouble with words like I do.

Jesus had to fulfill the  Old Covenant before the New Covenant could be put into place.

Matt 5: 17

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 

People have three choices Live by 613 Laws ( Old Covenant ) or New Covenant which does not include 613 laws or not believe

In Jesus at all.