• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.01
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.  And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

• Praise God! 1

Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,204
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

Excellent timing, brother. I had just finished explaining my forum name in a different thread when I came across this one. We do indeed run to attain a crown which is imperishable, but this race we run is not like those contests of men. We are not striving for fortune, fame, nor the accolades of crowds. 

We are running toward the Lord, the hope of our salvation.
We are running together, not alone.
Because we are running together, whenever one of our number reaches the finish line, we rejoice together and press on to join the victor.

I was never good for much in this world. As the mother who despised me said when I left her roof to run toward Jesus Christ, "You're nobody and nothing. You'll never amount to a hill of beans in this world!" Praise the Lord, what she uttered in spite was the truth. I never amounted to a hill of beans in this world. 

But I can run! I can run, and when I stumbled and fell, the Lord lifted me up so that I could keep on running. By continuing to run, I developed endurance; through endurance, I kept running; and once I realized that I could keep on running, I devoted my attention and care to everyone else running this race with me. When you make it, I make it. When we all make it, we do so in the unity of Jesus Christ, the One whom we are running toward. 

It's a wonderful and lovely analogy of the Body of Christ. 

• Praise God! 1

15 hours ago, Marathoner said:

But I can run! I can run, and when I stumbled and fell, the Lord lifted me up so that I could keep on running. By continuing to run, I developed endurance; through endurance, I kept running; and once I realized that I could keep on running, I devoted my attention and care to everyone else running this race with me. When you make it, I make it. When we all make it, we do so in the unity of Jesus Christ, the One whom we are running toward. 

1 Kings 18:44-46 Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said, There is a cloud, as small as a man’s hand, rising out of the sea! So he said, “Go up, say to Ahab, Prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you. Now it happened in the meantime that the sky became black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy rain. So Ahab rode away and went to Jezreel. Then the hand of the Lord came upon Elijah; and he girded up his loins and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

3 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

1 Kings 18:44-46 Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said, There is a cloud, as small as a man’s hand, rising out of the sea! So he said, “Go up, say to Ahab, Prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you. Now it happened in the meantime that the sky became black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy rain. So Ahab rode away and went to Jezreel. Then the hand of the Lord came upon Elijah; and he girded up his loins and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

1 Samuel 2:18-20 Now the three sons of Zeruiah were there: Joab and Abishai and Asahel. And Asahel was as fleet of foot as a wild gazelle. So Asahel pursued Abner, and in going he did not turn to the right hand or to the left from following Abner. Then Abner looked behind him and said, “Are you Asahel?” He answered, “I am.”

Asahel means God's Work, made by God

Just now, Mr. M said:

1 Samuel 2:18-20 Now the three sons of Zeruiah were there: Joab and Abishai and Asahel. And Asahel was as fleet of foot as a wild gazelle. So Asahel pursued Abner, and in going he did not turn to the right hand or to the left from following Abner. Then Abner looked behind him and said, “Are you Asahel?” He answered, “I am.”

Asahel means God's Work, made by God

6 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Psalm 119:32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.