• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

Located inside the downtown library in Toledo the Same Cafe' is an amazing experience waiting for you.  Positioned next a local artist + art gallery made up of some interesting Toledo people folk art if you will, it's situated quiet cozily like.  

The Cafe IS a non profit which has been well funded.  Each oven is state of the art, and makes very nice pizzas.  You get your choice of pizza, soup and salad for each visit. Beats, lentils, exotic greens, get crazy...

It is set up for everyone to enjoy a meal, so you either have to pay something, volunteer half hour of time serving, or donate fresh produce to eat.  As long as you don't get offended with certain street people disturbing the peace, and butchering the pronunciation of menu items, you cool.  

Edited by Joshua_Entangled
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,350
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

24 minutes ago, Joshua_Entangled said:

Located inside the downtown library in Toledo the Same Cafe' is an amazing experience waiting for you.  Positioned next an a local artist + art gallery made up of some interesting Toledo people folk art if you will, it's situated quiet cozily like.  

The Cafe IS a non profit and it has been well funded.  Each oven they have is state of the art, and makes very nice pizzas.  You get your choice of pizza, soup and salad for each visit. Beats, lentils, exotic greens, get crazy...

It is set up for everyone to enjoy a meal, so you either have to pay something, volunteer half hour of time serving, or donate fresh produce to eat.  As long as you don't get offended with some certain street people disturbing the peace, and butchering the pronunciation of menu items, you cool.  

That sounds great.   You are in Ohio, right?

Out here, L.A., there is an older priest who founded Homeboy Industries many years ago.   They have a cafe and bakery.   He works with former gang members... training them for jobs, helping some remove their tattoos so they can find work more easily.   

Another good story was on the news the other night.   I think it was in Boston.  A doctor has walked around the streets to treat the homeless for 30 years!   He also founded a clinic so the homeless can get more treatment there.

• Oy Vey! 1

On 3/3/2023 at 3:24 PM, Debp said:

That sounds great.   You are in Ohio, right?

Out here, L.A., there is an older priest who founded Homeboy Industries many years ago.   They have a cafe and bakery.   He works with former gang members... training them for jobs, helping some remove their tattoos so they can find work more easily.   

Another good story was on the news the other night.   I think it was in Boston.  A doctor has walked around the streets to treat the homeless for 30 years!   He also founded a clinic so the homeless can get more treatment there.

These outreaches + Christian servants have taught me allot how to receive people, and how treat others.  How to trust.  Been good.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Instead of paying for my meal, I served in the café' today after I was finished with my delicious meal.  I was told to stand by the Ipad and wait. There was a sign that said, "volunteers wait here."  I worked in this state of the art kitchen washing dishes today, me a homeless person in off the streets.  I was asked to sort, soak, then scrub plates & dishes.  Rinse them off, then place in the sanitizer steamer dishwasher.  Following this, I pulled out the dishes and placed them on racks to dry.  

Great experience.  Half an hour paid for my meal, I feel happy today.  

Served in the kitchen again today.  I peeled sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes for pizza, and oven baked for salads.  I served with Nick, happy times.  Told other homeless men about this program, IDK it's a good thing.  Work half an hour learning a skill in a great environment.  It's empowering!! 

Edited by Joshua_Entangled