IGNORED

Is Deliverance Ministry Out-Dated?

Guest boochie

Guest boochie

Lets get this party started.

Okay, Deliverance Ministry meaning : confronting and casting out demons in a ministry or counselling setting. By God's mercy, I believe that this can still lastingly work in certain situations. But its a very crude and needlessly difficult method when used on its own or without the Spirits direction. Yeshua did more than just cast out Demons, and he wants us to do even mightier things than he did then.

Where there is bondage, there is a right for the enemy to function. Question is, what right? How did this all start, or more appropriately, where is the root? The enemy must flee if we tell it to in Yeshua's name (if we are acting under the Holy Spirits direction that is). God will loose people without exposing the root because he is merciful. He can supernaturally deliver someone as they worship or pray. God can do things as He wants. There is not set formula, no concrete system in scripture. But there are many inspirations in scripture. We must never do anything that is contrary to the spirit of the word. If anything, any method must agree with the spirit behind all of scripture.

Mk 9:14-29

The Epileptic Boy

Here we have a boy with a "mute spirit" that the disciples were unable to "cast out". They used Yeshua's name, it wouldn't budge.

Yeshua's initial response here? "O faithless generation!"

They brought the boy, and the demon manifested greatly.

Yeshua's first action? He questioned the father of the boy as to when these fits started. (he didn't shout "Come out of Him!!")

It was established that the fits had started in childhood.

We had the when established, now for the why. Yeshua told the father after he asked for help that "all things are possible to to him who believes". And Then? No casting yet. The father then cried out and confessed his sin of unbelief. The theme here seems to be lack of faith and unbelief. The father is key here because he represents not only himself, but the boy. In other words his family (generation). He is the boys spiritual cover while he is considered still a boy.

At some point after, Yeshua casts out the demon to avoid a gathering audience. He waited until the rights were gone (sin of unbelief) and then cast out the demon forever. In this case, if he had simply cast out the Demon before removing its rights, it may have easily returned later in the day, stronger than ever.

Later on, the disciples asked Yeshua why it hadn't come out when they commanded it to. He responded : "This kind can come out by nothing but prayer (and fasting)".

Prayer was the key here, Yeshua obviously was asking the Father (God) for direction and the Spirit was moving Him through the process. He more or less prayed for God to reveal the root cause of the stronghold, the victim's father confessed his sin and asked for help, Yeshua used his authority and removed the demon who had no right to hang on any further.

Even legion wouldn't budge at first. The dumb demoniac in Mt 9 wasn't healed until after he was delivered. The blind and dumb demoniac in Lk 11 was said to only have been healed. The list goes on. No set system, each slightly different, so we could learn various ways and perhaps the more efficient ways to administer freedom. Yeshua displayed another in-depth way of ministering when he confronted Simon Peter in Jn 21 "do you love me". That "method" would more acurately be described as inner healing and no deliverance was used.

Its all about the root. Any unGodly behaviours or bondages, sin patterns, or cycles of defeat we're trapped in, all have a root cause. Many roots can be traced back to childhood like it was with the epileptic boy. As children we cannot handle trauma well. Often we experience something that hurts us (rejection). We then begin to believe the enemy's lies as truth : "I'm not special or that man wouldn't have done that to me". God's truth is that we are special to Him. Deep down, most of us believe things like : "God doesn't love me" or "I am useless". We try to tell ourselves the opposite as adults but deep down our hearts hold on to those lies. The original sin of unbelief is a solid root that the enemy builds a lifetime of bondage onto. If Yeshua can only be allowed to shine the light of His truth into those hidden memories and hurts, then true and lasting freedom is available to all. We must face those roots, in His time, in His way.

Let the lifelong struggles and strivings against our sinful natures end. Lets pull them out from where they first began. The problem is not with Satan and his minions. It is first with the heart of man. If Yeshua can heal your heart, then the expulsion of the enemy becomes merely an afterthought.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Nice post boochie. You used a lot of common sense, which I am sure the Holy Spirit gave you. Nothing to add, just enjoyed. :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Nice post. With some good exegesis. Its refreshing to see the scriptures explained and not just twisted to back up all kinds of wrong beliefs. You are right that there is a root cause for the evil we experience. His name is adam and we are all stained with sin because of him. Booch, maybe I am reading too much into your post but you seem to draw a distinction between Jesus and God. Is that intentional or am I just reading too much onto it?

- Steve