• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.96
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Judges 5:2 Bless the Lord for the avenging of Israel, when the people willingly offered themselves.

When the Lord's people come before Him with empty hands, their offering is themselves.

In this manner is the Blessing received.

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

The Avenging of Israel

[H860] pawrah=to uncover and expose so as to absolve or refuse.

Romans 2: 

15 They show that the work of the Torah is written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness

and their thoughts either accusing or defending them;

16 on the day when God judges the secrets of men according to my Gospel by Jesus Christ.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Judges 5:

9 My heart is with the rulers of Israel
Who offered themselves willingly with the people.
Bless the Lord!

10 Speak, you who ride on white she asses,
Who sit in judges’ attire,
And who Walk the Way.

The she ass [H860] known for a slow, patient gait

Genesis 49:

10 The scepter shall not depart from Judah,
Nor a lawgiver from between his feet,
Until Shiloh comes;
And to Him shall be the obedience of the people.
11 Binding his donkey to the vine,
And his donkey’s colt to the choice vine,
He washed his garments in wine,
And his clothes in the blood of grapes.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation,
Lowly and riding on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a she ass.

Matthew 21:

1 And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage,

unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,

2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye

shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.

3 And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them;

and straightway he will send them.

4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,

5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King comes unto thee, meek, and sitting

upon an ass, and a colt, the foal of a she ass.

6 And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,

7 And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.

8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches

from the trees, and strawed them in the way.

9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David:

Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Edited by Mr. M
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. M changed the title to A Donkey's Foal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for this study, @Mr. M….  Jesus came in humility not only to fulfill prophecy but also to show me by example how I ought to be.  He gave up so much to be a blessing to me, to destroy the enemy’s power over me, to pay the debt I owed for all the sin in my life, and to show me the way back to an eternal home with my Father. What can I offer in return?  “Nothing in my hands I bring; simply to the cross I cling.”  I am totally dependent on what He did for me; yet His power can shine through my weakness.  

Your study began with the song Deborah sang when the Israelites defeated the Canaanites—not because they were stronger, but because a few who were faithful believed God would be with them.  They didn’t have sophisticated weapons or a mighty army like the Canaanites; but they had a clever woman willing to use a hammer and a tent nail to defeat the enemy.  I have no doubt God provided the opportunity and the courage she needed.  I love the way the song ends in Judges  5:31:

31 “Thus let all Your enemies perish, O Lord!
But let those who love Him be like the sun
When it comes out in full strength.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

I like the scripture on the donkey and colt fascinating.

I put this together few years back 

Lk19:28 After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.

Jh12:12 The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem.

Jh 12:20 Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival.

Jh12:13 They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, "Hosanna! "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! “Blessed is the King of Israel!"

Lk19:36 As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.

Mk11:1 As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples,

Mt21:2 saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me.

Mk11:3 If anyone asks you, `Why are you doing this?' tell him, `The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.'"

Mt21:3 If anyone says anything to you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away."

Mt21:6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them.

Mk11:4 They went and found a donkey outside in the street, tied at a doorway. As they untied it,

Mk11:5 some people standing there asked, "What are you doing, untying that donkey?"

Lk19:34 They replied, "The Lord needs it."

Lk19:33 As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, "Why are you untying the colt?"

Mk11:6 They answered as Jesus had told them to, and the people let them go.

Mt21:7 They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them.

Jh12:15 "Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt."

Mt21:4 This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:

Mt21:5 "Say to the Daughter of Zion, `See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Mk11:8 Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields.

Jh12:16 At first his disciples did not understand all this. Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about him and that they had done these things to him.

Mk11:9 Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, "Hosanna! "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"

Lk19:37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

Lk19:38 "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord! "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"

Mt21:8 A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.

Lk19:39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"

Lk19:40 "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Lk19:41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it

Lk19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes.

Lk19:43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side.

Lk19:44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."

Mt21:10 When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, "Who is this?"

Mt21:11 The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."

Mt21:9 The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! "Hosanna! in the highest!"

Mk11:10 "Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!" "Hosanna! in the highest!"

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1